Next 10 Seasons - Can we dominate?

I don't like to slag people off on this forum, because its just pointless, in my opinion. But this looks like a raggy kind of question to me, and it makes me a bit uneasy that City fans are even asking themselves it.
Dominate? Who knows? This season and maybe next will do me just fine, for the time being.

I don't like the word dominate. I'd prefer the word Consolidate.

Pep with the backing of owner, chairman and Txiki and Feran is putting down the foundations to allow us to be self sufficient and competitive with the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern and Juve in Europe and to be challengers every season for the domestic honours.

We are setting the benchmark with the CFG for how clubs will have to expand globally the rest will have to take note and if they don't follow they could be left behind.

History has shown how a club suffers if they allow a manager to dominate for too long without any regard to what happens when he goes, our quiet neighbours from Trafford being the perfect example. Who takes over from Pep when he moves on, which he will do, is of paramount importance. I would much prefer the old Liverpool style of a "boot room" where the next manager has been the assistant for a few yrs and the takeover is seamless to the lottery of looking for a new manager with what could be a completely different style and philosophy.

Of course football styles will change and City must adapt to that change but I can't ever foresee the day when the type and quality of football played by City this season will not bring rewards.

I’d be happy to see us defend it and retain it unlike the previous two defence attempts which we basically surrendered it, I know there were issues behind the scenes etc but we’ve really no excuse not to be retaining should we go on the win it this year. These next two transfers windows are probably the last two to clear the deadwood so to speak and Pep will have the players and squad he wants

I don’t think any team will dominate like we did or United.

But that’s isnt to say a team can’t win it more than once in a row. I just think it’ll be more difficult to do.

I expect United to up their game in the summer.

I even think winning titles back to back is questionable these days. Most teams will figure out our strategy and will park the bus as usual.

I don’t think any team will dominate like we did or United.

But that’s isnt to say a team can’t win it more than once in a row. I just think it’ll be more difficult to do.

I expect United to up their game in the summer.

They can buy who ever they want, but they will still have mourinho as their manager. He’s not anywhere near the best manager in the league these days. Giving him another £300m next summer will set them back even more.

I don't like to slag people off on this forum, because its just pointless, in my opinion. But this looks like a raggy kind of question to me, and it makes me a bit uneasy that City fans are even asking themselves it.
Dominate? Who knows? This season and maybe next will do me just fine, for the time being.
Yep. Lot of it on here at the moment. It's probably to be expected.

I’d be happy to see us defend it and retain it unlike the previous two defence attempts which we basically surrendered it, I know there were issues behind the scenes etc but we’ve really no excuse not to be retaining should we go on the win it this year. These next two transfers windows are probably the last two to clear the deadwood so to speak and Pep will have the players and squad he wants
We haven't won this season's title yet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.