Next 10 Seasons - Can we dominate?

Another shite thread. To be put in the bin alongside all the other presumptuous shite that folk are spouitin' about beating this record and that record. Can we dominate for the next ten seasons? What a fucking bag of utter big-headed bollocks. Let's win on Saturday. And save the long term bollocks for people interested in reading tea leaves. Fucking cringeworthy.
I’d keep away from discussion based forums mate. There clearly not for you.

I don't like to slag people off on this forum, because its just pointless, in my opinion. But this looks like a raggy kind of question to me, and it makes me a bit uneasy that City fans are even asking themselves it.
Dominate? Who knows? This season and maybe next will do me just fine, for the time being.
I know what you mean but when you consider the strides forward this season it’s not to unreasonable to ask if it can be extended to a Bayern/Barca/psg scenario.
Wouldn’t surprise me.

I don’t think any team will dominate like we did or United.

But that’s isnt to say a team can’t win it more than once in a row. I just think it’ll be more difficult to do.

I expect United to up their game in the summer.

Chelsea are my main concern, if they keep Conte, but they seem to like to self destruct. Not sure who would take over & do the same job. Liverpool could go up a level with the right signings in addition to VVD & whatsisface, but I'm not as convinced by Klopp, as some seem to be. Other than potential spending, I would say they are ahead of Utd. Spurs are Spurs. Arsenal are a bizarre waste of fucking space.

I might be wrong, but if Utd are actually going to keep Mourinho, it would suggest they are willing to spend really stupid amounts of money imo, as there is nothing to indicate he can win the title otherwise. Then they would try to be the UK Real Madrid, to City's UK Barca (sign galacticos & hope it works out in some formation or other, as opposed to relying on a team unit & philosophy & fitting top quality players into that).

If that happens it would mean transfer fees being inflated even further, effectively swallow up the increase in tv money (it has already) & make it difficult for the other clubs near the top of the Prem to continue signing comparable players & compete on the same level in the market (in other words, do what Ferguson did when the PL & Champs Lg started).

We don't yet know what City's situation would be, in the face of that, as (contrary to the bullshit often written) our 'bent' sponsorship deals are now pretty low compared to the 'product' we are providing & revenue might be increased enormously in the coming years. But it would have to be raised a fair bit to compete in the market, if Utd went on a spending spree as, (again contrary to bullshit reports) City are constantly monitored by ex Utd CEO David Gill & his corrupt Financial Fair Play panel, so technically, if the Glazers don't pocket the cash, Utd have more money per season to spend than we do.

But we are the club with the 'growth' potential & if Utd did try to 'do a Ferguson' & blow everyone out financially, & City were still there at the end, they could actually bring about a period of City dominace, by destroying competition for everyone else. A bit like Liverpool, Spurs & Arsenal helped create the modern Utd, by cheering in the financial circumstances for them to do it & wiping out the rest of the league, who previously used to take points off them.

I know what you mean but when you consider the strides forward this season it’s not to unreasonable to ask if it can be extended to a Bayern/Barca/psg scenario.
Wouldn’t surprise me.
This! It would be a collapse of monumental proportions for us to not win the league this year. And with way we play can only see us getting the choicest picks in the transfer market. And with Pep at the helm, we will I feel, only move even further ahead of the chasing pack. Yeah, they’ll have backing for top transfer targets, but who would they rather play for: Klopp, Special Brew, possibly Conte? Nah, Peps a friggin gentleman and a legend. So, and I know you lot are going to rib me for it, I really wouldn’t be surprised if we go through a period of Sky Blue dominance!

Edit: and I’m normally a typical glass half EMPTY where we’re concerned. Maybe Christmas/New Year has drained me of sensibility.

If Pep is here for the next 10 years I see us dominating domestically.

By that I mean at least 5 titles in the decade.

We have the money, the infrastructure, the pull, and he'd make all that 'mean' something.

He's that good, and there is literally no one out there who could genuinely step to him.

I was thinking back the other day to our title wins in 2012 and 2014.
Whilst these were obviously golden moments in our history, it was a tad disappointing that the following season we couldn't follow it up and do it again the season after. Their was a sense in essence that we hit the summit and perhaps mentally exhausted from the title winning seasons we flattered to deceive in the seasons thereafter.
I know their were other reasons for this, lack of quality recruitment perhaps the following seasons from Mancini and Pellegrini maybe hindered and stifled the potential to build a legacy not to mention the fallouts from the Bobby era.

Looking ahead and barring a slip up of along the lines of Devon Loch in 1956 we will wrap up the title - and then some. The question I have is now 10 years after the takeover will this be the era that we can finally can dominate and build and secure back to back titles, or maybe even more in the years ahead?
This has not been done by any team in nearly 10 years and since 2010 it has changed hands each and every season. This obviously shows the difficulties of teams following up their title wins the seasons after and with Spurs & Liverpool also now perhaps being in contention title in the years ahead retention may be harder than ever. The question is can Pep crack this long term for us?

The answer is also simple. Completely depends on who we sign in the summer and who our rivals sign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.