Next 3 League Games - Expectations? | The Last 3 Games (Page 51)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all of them games it is the Leicester one I fear most. They been a thorn in our sides for too long and even they know it. I want us to wipe the smile off their faces but I fear they are on the up again, feeling confident and playing quick direct ball stuff, the stuff Pep has to counter, and I aint fully convinced he has done it. Been so many watershed games so far and the Leicester one for me is another.

Other than that I see us winning the rest, even Napoli

I agree. It's the one I think we'll drop points in. Otamendi is out as well so Kompany better be fit otherwise my confidence will be low for this one. After this game though we've got a clean run against teams you'd expect us to beat right up to Tottenham at home. So I wouldn't mind a draw against Leicester obviously a win would be ideal though.

We owe Leicester a good hiding after last season. Huddersfield been good at home, too. We get 4 points out of 6 will be fine by me

I agree. It's the one I think we'll drop points in. Otamendi is out as well so Kompany better be fit otherwise my confidence will be low for this one. After this game though we've got a clean run against teams you'd expect us to beat right up to Tottenham at home. So I wouldn't mind a draw against Leicester obviously a win would be ideal though.
Danilo or fern at centre back

Leicester and Huddersfield both look like banana skins to me, especially considering they are away.

We must try and maintain that 8 point gap going into the derby and Spurs games. That cushion is vital.

We better hope Vinny is fit and ready come that Leicester game because I have no confidence in Mangala in the style of football we are trying to play under Pep.

We still don't know if Delph is OK yet too, he didn't look good when the whistle went today.

Leicester and Huddersfield both look like banana skins to me, especially considering they are away.

We must try and maintain that 8 point gap going into the derby and Spurs games. That cushion is vital.

We better hope Vinny is fit and ready come that Leicester game because I have no confidence in Mangala in the style of football we are trying to play under Pep.

We still don't know if Delph is OK yet too, he didn't look good when the whistle went today.
I know it didn't help United at Huddersfield but I like when fixtures like Leicester away are 3pm kick offs.

Not prime time, not on TV, to me there's always a different atmosphere around those games.

Leicester away with Mangala is a scary prospect. But at least Otamendi has got his ban out of the way before the derby. Need to pray Fernandinho (and others) don't end up with their bans coinciding with December 9th.

Leicester - No Otamendi, previously have beaten us. Going through new manager bounce, and that new manager will have most of his squad for the next 2 weeks, unlike us.

Huddersfield - Klopp-lite means very intense pressing, away at a poke stadium, they've got a good defence, classic David vs. Goliath - beat United. Champions League game just before.

Southampton - Pellegrino is a great defensive manager, only conceding a goal a game, manager best friends with Mourinho = dirty bastards. Have a few players capable of scoring from nothing.

West Ham - Will have a new manager by then, new manager bounce.

United - Unbeaten at home since we beat them 2-1 last September. They'll know that anything other than a win kills their title hopes. Shakhtar game just before.

It's a difficult 5. There's reasons to slip up in all of them, with Leicester, Southampton and United the obvious games which could drop points in.

I think we'll win 5/5 though, and I think we'll follow it up with a win at Swansea to take the record. I just can't doubt this team after they've won 15/15, every time I doubt them they prove me wrong.

Next 3 league games in this period look like it could keep getting better for us, which is good in the run up to the derby:

City
26th Nov - Huddersfield (A).
29th Nov - Southampton (H).
3rd Dec - West Ham (H).

United
25th Nov - Brighton (H).
28th Nov - Watford (A).
2nd Dec - Arsenal (A).

Chelsea
25th Nov - Liverpool (A).
29th Nov - Swansea (H).
2nd Dec - Newcastle (H).

Spurs
25th Nov - West Brom (H).
28th Nov - Leicester (A).
2nd Dec - Watford (A).

Liverpool
25th Nov - Chelsea (H).
29th Nov - Stoke (A).
2nd Dec - Brighton (A).

Arsenal
26th Nov - Burnley (A).
29th Nov - Huddersfield (H).
2nd Dec - United (H).

We have to be wary of Huddersfield away but the rest of our 'challengers' have harder games.

Last edited:

Nowt like a dose of doom and gloom hope you feeling better today

We've just come out of our hardest run in my opinion Chelsea away, Napoli away and home, Arsenal home, Leicester away winning them all in style. The next 5 league games look far easier and I'm expecting 5 wins again. The injury to Stones is a problem though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.