Next 3 League Games - Expectations? | The Last 3 Games (Page 51)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it happened before, doesn't mean it will happen every time. I personally think, that we'll take them to the cleaners.

Same here. Our next 7 fixtures (including the league cup) is:
Swansea away
Spurs at home
Leicester away (quarter finals)
Bournemouth at home
Newcastle away
Palace away
Watford at home
I genuinely think we'll win all 7, as strange as it may sound.

They will rest players in the league games if they have big Champs Lg games during busy spells & hope to get away with it, as Mourinho did last season with the Europa.

Edit: and Spurs did, playing Kane v Real Madrid rather than v rags.
Kane wasn't rested for the rags game, he was injured.

They will rest players in the league games if they have big Champs Lg games during busy spells & hope to get away with it, as Mourinho did last season with the Europa.
Kane wasn't rested for the rags game, he was injured.

He was touch & go to play in any, so they chose the Real Madrid game as the one to risk him & gave the rags 3 points.

It will happen again with various teams, if they don't think they can win the title. There are 3 other places to go for in the top 4, so it's much less of a gamble to rotate payers & risk dropping points, than if there is a title challenge to fight for.

That's a good analysis, every win now is making it harder and harder for the chasers and pretty soon their attention will turn to each other in the almighty scrap that will ensue over Champions League spots!

If we get most of the points on the board for another month or so, .Mourinho, Conte, Klopp will start tossing off league games in favour of the Champs Lg etc.

A few weeks back when the gap was still five points, I said to the only other City fan I know in Moscow that the sole way I could see of us not winning it would be if United or perhaps Chelsea got knocked out of the CL and the FA Cup early while we progressed. If they could devote their full attention to the PL, playing their best available eleven every week with no need to rotate while we fought on several fronts, there might just be a chance that they could overhaul us.

I agree with Neville. As per my post above, we're in a position now where we can perform like a third-placed team for the rest of the season (I've checked and in the last 20 seasons, 76 points would have taken second spot only four times) and United need to perform like record breakers to have a chance of catching us. If that remains the case after the festive period, then Mourinho will need progress in the CL and to try to win a domestic cup in order to provide a scrap of consolatory validation for his team's season. He'll prioritise accordingly. And that reduces the chance of his team making up the ground on us even further. The same goes for the rest of the top six.

If we get most of the points on the board for another month or so, .Mourinho, Conte, Klopp will start tossing off league games in favour of the Champs Lg etc.

I don't think that will get them anywhere to be honest. Chelsea's problems are more than just being overworked, they lack a creativ attacker to take the weight off Hazard which is why they've not broken down teams who defend well.

And United have been flattering to deceive all season. We saw on Sunday they aren't solid at set pieces or when being asked to defend for any length of time. They can't control games effectively either. As soon as they come across a good side they'll be out. Sevilla have half a chance especially if they take the lead in the first leg, they're a team who seem to get carried by their crowd a lot.

Not sure they can, unlike say Madrid in Spain c/l football next season is far from guaranteed so they will still have to fight for top 4 with Arsenal and spurs.

Not sure they can, unlike say Madrid in Spain c/l football next season is far from guaranteed so they will still have to fight for top 4 with Arsenal and spurs.

All the managers, need something to show for the season, in order to have a good chance of staying in a job.

If they play Barca, or each other or us, in the Champs Lg, it becomes much bigger than any league games. The players themselves don't want to battle for 2nd to 4th, halfway through a season, they want to win stuff.

and United need to perform like record breakers to have a chance of catching us.

Highly unlikely as, so far this season, they have dropped points in almost one in 3 games they have played.

Win all or most of our league games to 2nd of Jan and this is bizarrely almost done deal win and lose 50 per cent would be enough spuds failed to win on 12 occasions last year and came 2nd
If we win the 5 games before we play Liverpool, I think it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.