Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
socks can be sky or navy but have to blue, shorts MUST be white and the shirt all sky blue with white trim and if necessary navy piping, anything else isn't as good

The problem is nobody can even agree on what the colour scheme should really be. I mean white shorts and sky blue is about the only thing people agree on but then people argue over navy or maroon the socks the fitting, the style. there isnt a right way i guess

Navy socks might be part of a distant tradition but they look terrible - like they've been sent out for after we forgot to bring our white socks - or just thrown on to stop us clashing with the opposition socks.

You know when teams sometimes have a little thing on the back of collars, sometimes just like - MCFC or whatever. Could be cool to have a little subtle bee there one season? Fitting for Pep's team.

The 'Greatest owners on Earth move against the traffic' thread shows some bee graffiti the club did in the OP - got me thinking.

Also, as 1894 have a direct voice to the club can they not ask the club to do a poll on the home colours or something or ask if the fans can have more input? Or at least get the message to the club we're not pleased with Nike fcking with our colours?

The problem is nobody can even agree on what the colour scheme should really be. I mean white shorts and sky blue is about the only thing people agree on but then people argue over navy or maroon the socks the fitting, the style. there isnt a right way i guess

I think most people actually DO agree up to the socks....

Kit should ALWAYS BE - Sky Blue Shirts, White Shorts without question.

Socks could vary between sky blue, white or navy for me – i'd rather have sky blue myself, but look at Arsenal - same shirt and shorts every year, only socks differ.

I think most people actually DO agree up to the socks....

Kit should ALWAYS BE - Sky Blue Shirts, White Shorts without question.

Socks could vary between sky blue, white or navy for me – i'd rather have sky blue myself, but look at Arsenal - same shirt and shorts every year, only socks differ.
Yes but then some people think we should have maroon socks and maroon trim

Navy socks might be part of a distant tradition but they look terrible - like they've been sent out for after we forgot to bring our white socks - or just thrown on to stop us clashing with the opposition socks.

But white socks are not our traditional sock colour so they don't come into the reckoning sky or navy blue are the choices we should look at, white have been worn only 4 times 2 seasons in 60's 95-97 and the recent 2 times. they don't look right on a city kity to me and many I would say

Totally disagree.

Sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks is completely unique to City in world football. It could be a bold, iconic look if someone at the club had the balls to point out our historical colours to Nike and demanded that they stick to them.

This kit to me doesn't look like we've got the wrong socks on at all. It looks like it's a perfectly co-ordinated kit that had been created specifically for Manchester City and could never be confused with any other club. Not Coventry, not Lazio, not Celta Vigo, not Napoli. It's unmistakably Manchester City, and luckily enough it's a colour combination we've worn for over 80 years, so it respects our history too.

0011bf2e.jpg

That mob over the road copied the style off us to have white shorts and dark socks. They've not done too badly from a branding point of view!

this could explain the confusion over the away kit, this Barca keeper kit is very similar to one of the away kits described in here, so perhaps the kit described will actually be Joe's keeper kit?

barcelona-16-17-goalkeeper-kit-2.jpg

Looks naff anyway, but I imagine the red and black is the away and the black/ghost green labels one will be the home keeper kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.