Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had another play

2cxwc9f.jpg

Totally disagree.

Sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks is completely unique to City in world football. It could be a bold, iconic look if someone at the club had the balls to point out our historical colours to Nike and demanded that they stick to them.

This kit to me doesn't look like we've got the wrong socks on at all. It looks like it's a perfectly co-ordinated kit that had been created specifically for Manchester City and could never be confused with any other club. Not Coventry, not Lazio, not Celta Vigo, not Napoli. It's unmistakably Manchester City, and luckily enough it's a colour combination we've worn for over 80 years, so it respects our history too.

0011bf2e.jpg

That mob over the road copied the style off us to have white shorts and dark socks. They've not done too badly from a branding point of view!
They only appear inoffensive on the photograph because of the brother logo and the collar. If there is navy on the top then perhaps, just perhaps it might work.
Apart from that they are an abhorration to my eye and show a lack of sartorial elegance.
Chin chin
Quentin C.

Yep, I think navy socks look pretty drab with a sky blue top. Too much navy going on. Edges/trim of garments is just about the max before it's start looking like a uniform rather than a footy kit.

The top left is something that would look quite stylish as smart-casual in the pub. I like the collar, but would probably prefer a footy top to look a bit more functional (if that makes sense).
I'd order the black and red striped one right now if that's what the away looks like. A beautiful update on a classic.

Totally disagree.

Sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks is completely unique to City in world football. It could be a bold, iconic look if someone at the club had the balls to point out our historical colours to Nike and demanded that they stick to them.

This kit to me doesn't look like we've got the wrong socks on at all. It looks like it's a perfectly co-ordinated kit that had been created specifically for Manchester City and could never be confused with any other club. Not Coventry, not Lazio, not Celta Vigo, not Napoli. It's unmistakably Manchester City, and luckily enough it's a colour combination we've worn for over 80 years, so it respects our history too.

0011bf2e.jpg

That mob over the road copied the style off us to have white shorts and dark socks. They've not done too badly from a branding point of view!

Gary James actually confirmed it was false that we worse navy blue socks for so long, as often they were just the cheapest black (not navy) socks they could get hold of.

People just wrongly presumed they were navy in the early days because they became navy later on and it was difficult to tell the difference in black and white photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.