Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake ,love those kits,the home kit is very Fred Perry ,same trim on the sleeves as the collar would be excellent,that 4th kit reminds me of an old inter kit,great effort though

Gary James actually confirmed it was false that we worse navy blue socks for so long, as often they were just the cheapest black (not navy) socks they could get hold of.

People just wrongly presumed they were navy in the early days because they became navy later on and it was difficult to tell the difference in black and white photos.
If you check on foot ball kits through the ages website, you will see that a lot of teams including Liverpool Everton and City wore dark socks probably for that reason, we started wearing them again back in the late 80s after stopping for many years . Light blue and white has been our main colour and should remain so. # Say no to navy.

Think that 3rd red&black kit from jake would look better with just the etihad airways printed in white.....no real need for a black horizontal box with white providing enough legibility when used over red and black...the black horizontal bar used for a backdrop breaks up the the vertical pattern too much and that particular kit is all about the vertical pattern...

8c7cb62d057433aebd81b2a207a412a4.jpg

2010 Umbro. Sorted.

Maybe white trim on sleeves, but other than that...PERFECTION! Still have it in the hangar after wearing it for games since it came out. Changed to the similar retro one last year, but for comfort, material, feel and immediate "THAT IS A CITY SHIRT" it has not been bettered, nor will it be with the gash material used for shirts these days!

Ah, the good old days!

P.S. and white shorts and blue/white or white/blue socks.

Maybe white trim on sleeves, but other than that...PERFECTION! Still have it in the hangar after wearing it for games since it came out. Changed to the similar retro one last year, but for comfort, material, feel and immediate "THAT IS A CITY SHIRT" it has not been bettered, nor will it be with the gash material used for shirts these days!

Ah, the good old days!

P.S. and white shorts and blue/white or white/blue socks.

I have A Johnson on mine. Disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8c7cb62d057433aebd81b2a207a412a4.jpg

2010 Umbro, so simple without any stupid artistic rubbish. Best in ages, white shorts blue socks.

Sorted.
I have to agree. Best shirt in years! No need to dock about with different colour tones or go-faster stripes. Sky blue with white trim, sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.