Neymar Transfer and its Effects on us

Not read the entire thread so not sure if it has been discussed but it would seem that Barcelona now have money to burn and a hole to fill so the dippers and chavs are in danger of losing their best players (Coutinho and Hazard) which would be good for us particularly if they do not have time to get replacements.

The whole FFP play thing is a complete joke anyway. I was reading recently about Monaco and the fact that they gave up paying massive fees and competing with the big boys because of FFP (it wasn't viable.. they have a small stadium, low gate receipts etc).

A comparison outside of football would be Starbucks saying to a new small coffee company can only buy crap shops in side streets, terrible coffee and broken tables and chairs because they don't have the revenue yet. Meanwhile Starbucks goes out buying 4 branches in Times Square. It's a complete joke when you think about it as a business model and I think a big lawsuit challenge would sort it.

The whole FFP play thing is a complete joke anyway. I was reading recently about Monaco and the fact that they gave up paying massive fees and competing with the big boys because of FFP (it wasn't viable.. they have a small stadium, low gate receipts etc).

A comparison outside of football would be Starbucks saying to a new small coffee company can only buy crap shops in side streets, terrible coffee and broken tables and chairs because they don't have the revenue yet. Meanwhile Starbucks goes out buying 4 branches in Times Square. It's a complete joke when you think about it as a business model and I think a big lawsuit challenge would sort it.
Great analogy and one that everyone reading can relate to. Even though City are ok at this moment,the thought of no other team being able to do what we did is infuriating.

City described UEFA's fine as a pinch and PSG and the Qataris are showing UEFA that there is no way they can stop wealthy club owners spending their money on their own clubs. Neymar is paid €300 million as a world. Cup ambassador, he uses €222 million to buy his contract with Barca out and then joins PSG on a free transfer at a salary of €40 million pa. All in accordance with any regulations UEFA choose to apply. Any action UEFA try to take against Neymar will land them with a nasty date with the European courts over a question of contract law (again) and any attempt to punish PSG will entrain UEFA's humiliation in court and the total demise of FFP.

The real signicance for City is that FFP has been shown to have missed its target by a mile. City have spent over £200 million this window and may yet spend £350million without any fear of violating FFP. We need not take heed at all of FFP. FFP hammered the ailing élite clubs, such as Milan, whom UEFA had to exempt and the struggling mid-rangé clubs who can no longer look forward to a brighter future.

City described UEFA's fine as a pinch and PSG and the Qataris are showing UEFA that there is no way they can stop wealthy club owners spending their money on their own clubs. Neymar is paid €300 million as a world. Cup ambassador, he uses €222 million to buy his contract with Barca out and then joins PSG on a free transfer at a salary of €40 million pa. All in accordance with any regulations UEFA choose to apply. Any action UEFA try to take against Neymar will land them with a nasty date with the European courts over a question of contract law (again) and any attempt to punish PSG will entrain UEFA's humiliation in court and the total demise of FFP.

The real signicance for City is that FFP has been shown to have missed its target by a mile. City have spent over £200 million this window and may yet spend £350million without any fear of violating FFP. We need not take heed at all of FFP. FFP hammered the ailing élite clubs, such as Milan, whom UEFA had to exempt and the struggling mid-rangé clubs who can no longer look forward to a brighter future.

Seriously, is it true that the transfer fee won't go through PSG's books? While I agree with the rest of your post, they'd be seriously taking the piss if that was the case.

Seriously, is it true that the transfer fee won't go through PSG's books? While I agree with the rest of your post, they'd be seriously taking the piss if that was the case.
Not 100% sure but confident the stuff about Qatar paying him as ambassador was a crock of shit.

FFP imposes rules on sponsorship which are designed to stop owners investing by sponsoring their clubs. They do not stop any other company sponsoring a club whatever their reasons. It is believed that at least one of United's sponsors contributed towards the fee for Pogba ((Nike?) . Such a deal was not possible for PSG but the €200+ million of their owners is real enough. So their owners found a way round UEFA's rules. All of which shows that if UEFA wish "to take the piss" with their rules they can't expect everyone to lie down and take it. It was certainly stated last night that he had joined on a free, and it was stated that the cash paid to Neymar was to employ him as a World Cup ambassador. This has not, as far as I know, been denied. There are precedents, notably in the 19th century when Preston signed a number of Scottish players for whom jobs were found in cotton mills. They were paid very handsomely for this work - rather more handsomely than the other mill workers, apparently - though none of them ever set foot in a mill, it seems. There was, of course, no violation of the maximum wage!

FFP is a crock of shit. If you want to stop clubs going bust, put an objective limit on how much they can borrow. Owners should be allowed to invest as much money in their business as they choose. Can you even imagine a law that stopped Sainsburys investing in new supermarkets or in new plant to make their distribution more efficient? Of course not!

FFP was put in purely to protect powerful vested interests.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.