Neymar Transfer and its Effects on us

FFP is a crock of shit. If you want to stop clubs going bust, put an objective limit on how much they can borrow. Owners should be allowed to invest as much money in their business as they choose. Can you even imagine a law that stopped Sainsburys investing in new supermarkets or in new plant to make their distribution more efficient? Of course not!

FFP was put in purely to protect powerful vested interests.

Of course it was but neither City nor PSG will challenge it in court because they would be banned from the CL while the court deliberated and FFP is rarely a problem for either. When it is they'll simply get round the rules in one of the many ways open to those as rich and influential as their (especially City's) owners. We may seeth about FFP but to our board it is a complete irrelevance.

One thing that I think hasn't been mentioned, is the transfer Barca paid for him in the first place. After the dodginess with that didn't it end up being close to 90mil? Makes the 200 PSG paid actually seem pretty reasonable...

City seem to be ahead on this.
G.jesus bought relatively cheaply but his value now will be very high.when pep has had him for two seasons he will be worth even more.
And by this time, I guess we will have scouted the next crop of South American talent and in a position to keep or sell.
The city group are on course to make pure money by buying and selling.
Can't see us buying players for daft amounts of money in the future.
staggering really.

One thing that I think hasn't been mentioned, is the transfer Barca paid for him in the first place. After the dodginess with that didn't it end up being close to 90mil? Makes the 200 PSG paid actually seem pretty reasonable...

No it doesn't, it is obscene which ever way you try and dress it up.

FFP imposes rules on sponsorship which are designed to stop owners investing by sponsoring their clubs. They do not stop any other company sponsoring a club whatever their reasons. It is believed that at least one of United's sponsors contributed towards the fee for Pogba ((Nike?) . Such a deal was not possible for PSG but the €200+ million of their owners is real enough. So their owners found a way round UEFA's rules. All of which shows that if UEFA wish "to take the piss" with their rules they can't expect everyone to lie down and take it. It was certainly stated last night that he had joined on a free, and it was stated that the cash paid to Neymar was to employ him as a World Cup ambassador. This has not, as far as I know, been denied. There are precedents, notably in the 19th century when Preston signed a number of Scottish players for whom jobs were found in cotton mills. They were paid very handsomely for this work - rather more handsomely than the other mill workers, apparently - though none of them ever set foot in a mill, it seems. There was, of course, no violation of the maximum wage!

Nah, the transfer fee will still be accounted for on PSG's books mate. Of that I'm sure. If it isn't, then what's stopping us getting Messi - assuming we can turn his head - the sane way? There might not be anything technically illegal about it but I can't see any club ever being so brazen as to try it.

I actually think this transfer is probably more about PSG sticking 2 fingers up at Barca rather than UEFA and the seeds were sown after Barca tapped up Verratti.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.