N'Golo Kante

Probably idiotic but kinda feel it same way. Wouldn't cry if he'd come but if Leicester win the league they deserve to keep their players for at least one season. Would be bit assholish if bigger teams would buy their star players this summer.

You lot are all too nice!

I'd love to see us get Kante if it'd improve the team, and while we're at it, Dele Alli, Harry Kane and Alexis Sanchez too! Plus Pogba and Bale.

Honestly I just love Kante. Dinho would be perfectly fine and he deserves to stay. Your logic is correct and it's not really nesesary to plop 30m for him. He's a monster though.
Agree he's a monster, just not sure the type we need. Think we're in need of a monster in terms of quality on the ball rather than a monster of stamina.

Saying that I am a bit of a sucker for players with a work rate, always loved Milner & anyone who'll just run around for the cause even if they're not as talented as their counterparts, so I'm sure I'd enjoy watching him in the team even if it did happen.

The only players I could understand leaving Leicester after this season are the players 29 years old or older looking for one last pay day. Even then, if they had any footballing ambitions then they should at least stick it out with Leicester for 1 more season, so they get to play Champions League football, but then that might leave it too late for a payday, especially for players like Huth if they have a shocker next year.

I personally don't see any of Leicester's players leaving unless the club want them gone and why should they. If I were Mahrez or Kante and Chelsea or United (the two obvious candidates) came calling, I'd tell them to hand on for a year as I'd at least want to enjoy being champions with Leicester and play Champions League football for a year. I suspect both will move on after next season though.
Not sure about that, even Ranieri keeps saying this is a one off, that it's now or never for Leicester to win & that the top 4 next season will be back to the usual candidates. Hard to think the players disagree with that opinion. There are also clubs like Arsenal, Spurs or teams from abroad in the CL who will be looking at these guys, so if CL really is a must for them I reckon they'll have their pick.

I would think it's the older ones who'd stay, as they're less desirable & like you say at least they'll get one shot at CL football either way. If the younger guys stay for a season & don't perform they could have missed their chance at moving to a "big" club, so I would expect a few to jump ship to ensure that move happens during their career.

Not sure about that, even Ranieri keeps saying this is a one off, that it's now or never for Leicester to win & that the top 4 next season will be back to the usual candidates. Hard to think the players disagree with that opinion. There are also clubs like Arsenal, Spurs or teams from abroad in the CL who will be looking at these guys, so if CL really is a must for them I reckon they'll have their pick.

I would think it's the older ones who'd stay, as they're less desirable & like you say at least they'll get one shot at CL football either way. If the younger guys stay for a season & don't perform they could have missed their chance at moving to a "big" club, so I would expect a few to jump ship to ensure that move happens during their career.

Of course there will be other Champions League suitors but they've worked so hard for Leicester this season that surely part of this journey would be representing them in the Champions League. I mean don't get me wrong if Real Madrid come in for Mahrez etc... then obviously it would be hard to say no but if it was Chelsea or United I'd say no even though they will finish higher next season on the basis that you get to play in the Champions League.

However, none of this will matter because Leicester wont sell any of them this summer in my opinion. They don't need the money, they get £100m from the tv deal and a little more for winning the league and their owner is worth over £3bn.

Of course there will be other Champions League suitors but they've worked so hard for Leicester this season that surely part of this journey would be representing them in the Champions League. I mean don't get me wrong if Real Madrid come in for Mahrez etc... then obviously it would be hard to say no but if it was Chelsea or United I'd say no even though they will finish higher next season on the basis that you get to play in the Champions League.

However, none of this will matter because Leicester wont sell any of them this summer in my opinion. They don't need the money, they get £100m from the tv deal and a little more for winning the league and their owner is worth over £3bn.
I'd like to think they'd say no to Chelsea/United, not sure they would though sadly (big wages, almost guaranteed to be top 6/7 every season if not challenging). Whilst Leicester may well play hard ball & not want to sell, if the players themselves want to force a move then it's almost out of Leicesters hands - either take the big bucks or have a squad full of unhappy players.

I'd love them to keep their squad & have another go next season, just don't see it myself. Guess time will tell.

Fernando has better passing technique, Kante takes greater risks with his passing. Kante's seeming better passing stat, is a function of mentality. Fernando doesn't see himself as the defense unlocking passer, there are other players for that, Kante does.

Technique wise, smoothness of release and touchwise, Fernando is better.Kante's role and mentality about passing males him look better.
To say Fernando has better passing technique is absolute rubbish. Good at defending he maybe but going forward he is rubbish. he never occupies the space in front of him if he has the ball and it is offered, and he rarely passes forwards. Effectivel he wins the ball and gives it to a City player 5 yards away - normally behind him. He is the player most at risk from Pep. Kante is far far better at passing and he starts most if not all of Leicester's devastating counter attacks.

Last edited:
Not a pep player to be honest. I saw that his agent was in turin earlier this week to complete a verbal agreement with Juventus. Juve are desperate to get him because Marchisio is out for a while with a cruciate ligament injury
Pep is using Arturo Vidal these days and I don't see him being much of a Pep player either. I don't this argument holds water.

He'd be an upgrade on our midfield without a doubt. No more people simply skating around Yaya and having a free run at or back 4 with this guy in the team. Would improve the whole feel of the team with his non-stop style. He can play too in possession.

He'd be an upgrade on our midfield without a doubt. No more people simply skating around Yaya and having a free run at or back 4 with this guy in the team. Would improve the whole feel of the team with his non-stop style. He can play too in possession.
He isn't an upgrade on Fernandinho and that is the only position he would challenge when Pep arrives.

He isn't an upgrade on Fernandinho and that is the only position he would challenge when Pep arrives.

Pogba - Gundogan- Kante looks like an upgrade to me. Fernandinho turns 31 this week \(and though he's been great this season and before) we need fresh legs in there to help when the games start to pile up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.