N'Golo Kante

Pogba - Gundogan- Kante looks like an upgrade to me. Fernandinho turns 31 this week \(and though he's been great this season and before) we need fresh legs in there to help when the games start to pile up.
Fernandinho has got a couple more seasons in him yet and kante,admittedly,one of the most in demand defensive midfielders in the game.....will not want to come here as second choice.

Really don't rate him as a player for a top side, I think he's borderline terrible with the ball and he's not a holding midfielder, he chases the ball(very well). That works in a system with another player sitting in the space you abandon to chase people if you stay compact, but no good team is going to have a holding midfielder and a guy who just runs around trying to tackle people, you need that person to be a ball player as well. Leicester have a midfield that is purely there to win the ball, without it they may as well not even be there

Fernandinho has got a couple more seasons in him yet and kante,admittedly,one of the most in demand defensive midfielders in the game.....will not want to come here as second choice.

We need to stop thinking like that. Sell him at 31 rather than wait a year and see the decline.

Pep is using Arturo Vidal these days and I don't see him being much of a Pep player either. I don't this argument holds water.
Vidal is much more complete than Kante. Vidal has been doing it for years and has done it in the top level i.e the champions league. This is kante first top season

Here we go again. :-). When are we going to learn that age is undefeated in these matters. Dihno should be transitioned into a role player or defense to prolong his excellent performance and career with us.

As good as he has been this season, his age is beginning to show. Already he is more error prone when played multiple times a week. He has also lost a step of speed. His anticipation has gotten better ( functions of experience and longevity in a system I suppose) but the beginning signs are there.

Love the guy, but 31 is 31. No one beats increasing numbers. No one. Not even our Dihno. Assuming Gundogan is a go, I hope we get one more complete CM. And perhaps Dihno and Fernando can rotate. While Gundogan, Nasri, and the new
CM (hopefully Isco) can man the other 2 spots. Quietly, Fernando has become a settled good player. Doesn't have the range or splash value of Dihno, but solid as a DM.

His game is perfect for a team like Leicester who are happy to play without the ball. For us, I don't see it working.

We need better distributors who can take the ball and move forward in transition with each other.

Something Yaya Used to be able to do.

Why sell him hes quality

Because players who play like he does decline fast. We turfed out a fortune for him. If we clawed back 10 mil before his legs go that would be great business from start to finish.

There's no better to come from him, time to upgrade to a younger model and thank him for his efforts.

His game is perfect for a team like Leicester who are happy to play without the ball. For us, I don't see it working.

We need better distributors who can take the ball and move forward in transition with each other.

Something Yaya Used to be able to do.

Had we had Kante over Yaya on Wed, we'd have won. Why? because Modric and Isco wouldn't have gotten a second on the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.