NHS Crisis

I went to a&e on a Saturday morning because I had been to walk in centre and told I had an hernia.
I was expecting a long wait but to be fair I was seen within 20 mins by triage and then waited about 30 mins to be seen by doctors.
Was admitted by doctor and told my op would be about 5 pm ( actually was 9pm).
Turned out I had an hernia and a badly inflamed appendix which had to be removed.
This was at tameside general which has a bad reputation but to my surprise the doctors nurses etc were brilliant.
Talking to a few nurses about the crisis in NHS and they blame it on the management and government .
The NHS might not be perfect but it's a damn sight better than having no NHS.
Too much money is spent treating tourists who bleed the NHS dry, maybe we should make sure they pay for treatment before being giving assistance ( not talking about medical emergencies btw).

Evidence? Or was it just a nice opportunity for a bit of casual racism?

Think it may have been a farage soundbite the other year, and like most of niges other soundbites it's scaremongering bollocks

If anyone ever bothered to check they would realise hospitals do charge overseas patients, only a&e is free to non uk residents, as it's for emergency treatment. Some chasing up of fees could be better, but unless you are in need of urgent treatment, if you don't live here you have to pay.

Get sick of the soundbite of "the staff are wonderful it's the management etc that let things down" - not all staff are wonderful, in fact some maternity staff at Oldham would be more at home working at guantanamo bay. Some useless, horrible, demeaning, staff on the labour ward and the postnatal ward.

Get sick of the soundbite of "the staff are wonderful it's the management etc that let things down" - not all staff are wonderful, in fact some maternity staff at Oldham would be more at home working at guantanamo bay. Some useless, horrible, demeaning, staff on the labour ward and the postnatal ward.

Have to agree with this. Personally, I think working in a hospital must be an absolutely dreadful job and I am amazed that anyone would want to subject themselves to it, no matter how "rewarding" it might be. But I think the morale is overall so low and the amount of crap they have to put up with day in, day out, takes its toll to the point where a significant proportion of the nurses I've come across have a shit attitude and go through the motions doing basically fuck all standing around the reception desk blanking you and avoiding any eye contact, and happy to walk past patients in distress, oblivious to detritus all of the place (not that it's their job to pick it up but hospitals are supposed to be clean FFS). Patients in a filthy state with shit under their fingernalls and god knows where else and food all over them.

Not all staff are like this of course and many are genuinely like angels, but there is a proportion who are not.

I might add that there is VAST regional variation. The hospitals in and around Manchester, I have found to be wildly better than the cesspits masquerading as hospitals in Bristol. The BRI for example should be condemned.

Evidence? Or was it just a nice opportunity for a bit of casual racism?
Read how much it costs the NHS each year in most papers and on news.
Not happy about you implying I might be a racist though.
Surgeon who operated on me wasn't white or English and as I said before they were fantastic.

I went to a&e on a Saturday morning because I had been to walk in centre and told I had an hernia.
I was expecting a long wait but to be fair I was seen within 20 mins by triage and then waited about 30 mins to be seen by doctors.
Was admitted by doctor and told my op would be about 5 pm ( actually was 9pm).
Turned out I had an hernia and a badly inflamed appendix which had to be removed.
This was at tameside general which has a bad reputation but to my surprise the doctors nurses etc were brilliant.
Talking to a few nurses about the crisis in NHS and they blame it on the management and government .
The NHS might not be perfect but it's a damn sight better than having no NHS.
Too much money is spent treating tourists who bleed the NHS dry, maybe we should make sure they pay for treatment before being giving assistance ( not talking about medical emergencies btw).

You were doing so well there. Away and look at the figures that will show you that the bloody foreigners are not the problem.

But heh, Brexit should solve all your issues and we can all have a doctor each with that £350m a week heading to the NHS. Phew!

Ive honestly never had an issue and when i need the hospital i go to Tameside...fucking Tameside! Its meant to be one of the worst but its been absolutely fine when ive been.
The NHS has apparently been in "crisis" since as long as i can remember when i was a kid, there have always been news story's about how it cant cope and how its failing. Its not perfect by any stretch but i think all this news is just a way to get the public on side for when they start selling it off

I wasn't blaming everything on the bloody foreigners as you seem to imply.
Do you think the NHS is capable of dealing with the amount of admittances to a&e due to the aging population or would I be an agist if I pointed that out too.
I did vote for brexit as I honestly believe the EU is a waste of money in the respect we pay in more than we receive.
But my main point seems to have been overlooked, I think the NHS is wonderful albeit needing more investment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.