NHS Crisis

Indeed and nothing rings more true then with the A&E department near me that had to close, the managers all blamed funding as the reason yet these people are paid £100K+ to appropriate that funding properly. Who is at fault there? Where does the money go if critical, emergency healthcare doesn't survive but a comittee of managers each on £100K+ does?

In my opinion much of this 'crisis' is being engineered on the part of the trusts and unions to damage the current government. There is no denying some crisis exists but no-one is blaming the people who run the NHS and these people are paid very lucratively indeed to do so.

A funding gap will always exist but I think it takes ruthless action to solve the actual problems related to care yet unrelated to money but this will never happen because it is far too big a political hot potato. The managers of these trusts should be looking into it but they don't they just ask for more money and blame the government, that is the culture of the problem.

when people go on about pay and pensions for managers and doctors one thing that has to be remembered is thats the level of pay people at that level would expect for doing what they do - anywhere. I don't like saying it but not paying it and the best doctors, surgeons, managers would be off and leaving it to second raters is hardly going to improve efficiency and increase savings is it?

There is little doubt that sources show that in real terms despite Cameron's promises funding in real terms has been cut in hospitals and social care which had got us to where we are. He manipulated figures to show he was supposedly maintaining income levels for the NHS and even when he was told that just wasn't enough faced with an ageing population he said - sorry lied - the NHS was safe in his hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.