Niall Quinn leaves Sunderland

Hes back to Ireland. To look after his new business in broadband over here. He felt he couldnt do the both jobs so is going full time back here with his company. So dont expect Big Niall to be getting a job in football again for the time being. He will do a couple of Sky games.

black-cat said:
Alright lads n' lasses?

Might be a long shot but I thought seeing as a lot of you will obviously have a soft spot for the great man, I was wondering whether any of you would bother to spend about 20 seconds of your time and sign our petition to have a stand at the SOL named after Sir Niall Quinn?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.change.org/petitions/sunderland-afc-name-the-new-south-stand-the-niall-quinn-stand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.change.org/petitions/sunderl ... uinn-stand</a>

As I say I realise it's a long shot as it doesn't affect City directly, but I think to have a stand named after Niall Quinn at any ground would be a fitting tribute to a man who's a genuine footballing legend. Now there's a phrase that's doled out all too easily these days but with regards to Niall Quinn I dont think anybody could argue that it isn't truly deserved.

Cheers for reading, and signing up hopefully, & here's to wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your season.
''Sir''? When did this happen then?

Bongo Joe said:
...Going back to Ireland to spend more time with his family I think.
Wouldn't blame him. You seen his missus?

Whitworth Park said:
black-cat said:
Whitworth Park said:
Not surprised really, he was responsible for bringing Keane & Bruce to
the club and endulged them in their desire to buy casts off from Old Trafford.
As soon as he was relpaced as Chairman the writing was on the wall but fair
play to the club they have done it in a dignified way.
Love the guy, hope he does well.

Whaaaa?? You think that the club have hounded him out? Not sure you know the in's & out's of SAFC as well as you think you do, marra.

I didnt say they hounded him out. But after the fiasco with Keane & Bruce
it was obvious as he had backed them both someones head was going to roll.
A job was found for him, but after being chairman it was an obvious come down which would leave to an eventual parting of the ways.

But if you have some info please feel free to share it with us.

Sir Niall made it clear from the day he returned to Sunderland with the Drumaville consortium that he was only here to oversee the steadying of the ship so to speak, and once that was achieved, he'd return to concentrate on his own enterprises. Yes he backed Keane and Bruce but so did the owner/s up until the point the relationship became untenable in both cases. Sir Niall played a huge part in bringing our eventual talisman Martin O'Neill to the club, as well as other major back room staff such as David Milliband, and now, true to his word, as the club looks forward to bigger and brighter things, he heads off to do his own thing. I'm certain that if Sir Niall had desired to stay in his role as an oversea's ambassador for the club then he'd have had a job for life.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:10 pm --<br /><br />
jimharri said:
black-cat said:
Alright lads n' lasses?

Might be a long shot but I thought seeing as a lot of you will obviously have a soft spot for the great man, I was wondering whether any of you would bother to spend about 20 seconds of your time and sign our petition to have a stand at the SOL named after Sir Niall Quinn?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.change.org/petitions/sunderland-afc-name-the-new-south-stand-the-niall-quinn-stand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.change.org/petitions/sunderl ... uinn-stand</a>

As I say I realise it's a long shot as it doesn't affect City directly, but I think to have a stand named after Niall Quinn at any ground would be a fitting tribute to a man who's a genuine footballing legend. Now there's a phrase that's doled out all too easily these days but with regards to Niall Quinn I dont think anybody could argue that it isn't truly deserved.

Cheers for reading, and signing up hopefully, & here's to wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your season.
''Sir''? When did this happen then?

June 2006 mate. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.