Niall Quinn pen save

bluebc

bit drunk and this game popped into my mind, I was 16 at the time, happy days

Remember that well and funnily enough was telling my 12 yr old niece about it at the game today when she asked what happens when a keeper gets sent off. Sounds a bit boring these days when say you just bring another keeper on! Seem to remember Gleghorn going in goal a few times too. Would have been great to see Yaya or Dzeko pull the jersey on

When Quinn saved that pen the roar from the Kippax was louder than for most City goals. Amazing save from big Niall.

When Quinn saved that pen the roar from the Kippax was louder than for most City goals. Amazing save from big Niall.
He also caught the ball from the resulting corner. Leaped up and caught it, like an NBA pro. I remember after we all settled down, the guy who was stood next to me in the Kippax reminding me that Niall used to play Gaelic football.

Like it was yesterday.

Remember the game well. David White ran his nuts off playing by himself up front after Quinn went in nets. Whitey scored a great goal too.

Agree that sub keepers have ruined this type of spectacle.

He also caught the ball from the resulting corner. Leaped up and caught it, like an NBA pro. I remember after we all settled down, the guy who was stood next to me in the Kippax reminding me that Niall used to play Gaelic football.

Like it was yesterday.

Ah yes! When I went to watch a game on Dublin a few years ago I was chatting to some old boys and when I said I was from Manchester that's the first thing they said. Along with Dennis Irwin apparently.

Think it was the first or second year my dad took me on the Kippax instead of going in the North Stand. So I usually stood right down at the front by the railings. But think when the pen was given I ran up to the open corner where my dad stood and watched it from up there.

If I remember rightly we relegated Derby that day and then Sunderland last game of the season. Then relegated two more teams the next season too (Notts Co and someone else).

I remember I was quite proud of that at the time...obviously in leiu of any real City achievements!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.