Nicolas Otamendi 2015/16 performances

Kompany and Mangala played behind that very same midfield and conceded fuck all goals. Zero.

Instead of people burying their heads in the sand when it comes to player criticism, let's just be open about the fact that individual players are shit, regardless of what is happening in front of them, behind them or around them.

This is my opinion but I reckon the following are not good enough to play at the very top level. Otamendi, Mangala, Kolorov, Clichy, Demichelis, Yaya (not any more), Delph, Fernando, Sterling

Of the rest only Kompany, Silva and Aguero when all fit are good enough to get in any side in the world.

We simply have to own up to the fact that this City side are simply not good enough. Not enough fight, not enough bollocks through the team to dig in when things are going bad. I'm not enjoying watching them at the moment as it looks like a prizefighter who's taken one too many big rights. The legs are gone.

As you said, just your opinion. Thankfully, there are others too

You do know this is the Otamendi thread. The words Quality defender and Otamendi have never and will never be used in the same sentence by anyone with an inkling of how to play the game. He is a liability which is being proven time and time again. Not good enough and never will be. Championship level at best.

Bony obviously not playing at the mo, so you have moved your attention to someone else. Wonder who will be next in line if Ota gets injured at the same time.

Thankfully, there are pros who actually assess and acquire players for a living. I will trust their judgement

He has absolutely no footballing brain. He is always caught out, diving in when he really shouldn't, tracking his runner from one flank to the next when he should pass the man over. He leaves gaps the size of tits out Jackie's cleavage in our defence and he's weak. Fuck me the guy can't even time or know when to dive to try and simulate, that's how bad he's been at reading the game.

He can play reasonably well with the ball at his feet, but even then 60% of the time he attempts a pass that isn't on, or tries to thread of 30 yard through ball that gets cut out. If he is what we get when we want a "ball playing CB", then fuck me, give me Joleon Lescott-esque defender every day over him. Joleon could defend first and foremost and do enough to play the ball to his more comfortable partner.

All three goals were down to the defenders with tortoise Demichellis being responsible for the first, aided and abetted by Kolorov. Otamendi was
Culpable for the second and the tortoise was also responsible for the third. Delph didn't help in the second one but the first and third were down to the defenders. Demichellis should be put in the football equivalent of a nursing home.

I watched the second half Vardy miss when one on one with Hart. The ball got played along the ground behind Demichelis and Vardy just left him for dead. Then, whilst watching the replay from the other angle, I noticed how nonchalant Demi's face was. No puffed out cheeks, no open mouth, no veiny forehead, nothing. You'd have thought that Demichelis was wearing a Demichelis mask.

I'm definitely not saying this is in any way a decent barometer of how much effort a player is putting in but I just thought it was funny that we have the polar opposite of Phil Jones in our squad.

In this Pellegrini system, right now, this season, Vinny 100% fit plus Rafa Verane, for the pace behind & decentish aerial strength plus reasonable ball playing ability.

I would have to state that I think there is only one real quality centre back in world football that I personally know of, & that is a fully fit & conident Vinny. I think most of them are either missing in at least one area or are different degrees of shit. Vinny is good at everything as well as tough & probably the only one I've seen who is. Denayer for instance imo is the best 1v1 defender at the club, potentially brilliant but is not brilliant in the air yet. We have to see if he can cope with that.

In a Pep system I have no idea who I would pick. I wouldn't dream of having Mascherano & Piquet but he can win Champs Lgs with them so maybe he could somehow use players them in the Prem. If Denayer turns out to be aerially good enough, then I would guess next season Vinny & eventually Denayer (once he gets used to the league) could be the pair. Me, if I could get Pepe, I'd have him instead of Otamendi & Diego Godin instead of Mangala, then that would be a great 4.

But Pep Guardiola defending is totally different so he could have Fernandinho playing there for all we know. Otamendi may be fantastic for Pep, or shit. I don't know.

A back 3 of Otamendi, Denayer & Vinny in a Pep team could be something. But of course Vinny is never fucking fit, so we really need a 2nd No1 cb.

Who would you have ?
Kompany and Phil Jones.

Bony obviously not playing at the mo, so you have moved your attention to someone else. Wonder who will be next in line if Ota gets injured at the same time.

Thankfully, there are pros who actually assess and acquire players for a living. I will trust their judgement

This mantra on every subject is fucking ridiculous & insults the intelligence of everyone who follows football.

They are ALL pros, all the players managers, coaches, all the people worldwide who are responsible for spewing money on players, fucking up careers of younger players, picking the wrong teams, losing games they should have won & every fucking bum decision in football is made by a PRO including the referees, & guess what, most of them are EXPERIENCED pros & some of them are title winning, Champions League winning pros & they regularly FUCK UP in fact they ALL fuck up, even Pep fucking Guardiola, so can people just desist with this absolute fucking shit that because there are people in football who get things right, they get EVERYTHING right ? No they fucking don't & most of them admit to getting things wrong on a regular basis, that's football & sport in general. They make mistakes & they learn from it. Barcelona have spunked fucking loads of money on shite over the years, just like every other club.

The idea that these players suitablity can't be questioned because we signed them is fucking stupid. We have already signed loads of players who were the wrong ones &will sign fucking loads more. That's football.

I happen to think we do really well on transfers, better than most. We have still also spunked loads on the wrong players, just like every other club.

Last edited:
This mantra on every subject is fucking ridiculous & insults the intelligence of everyone who follows football.

They are ALL pros, all the players managers, coaches, all the people worldwide who are responsible for spewing money on players, fucking up careers of younger players, picking the wrong teams, losing games they should have won & every fucking bum decision in football is made by a PRO including the referees, & guess what, most of them are EXPERIENCED pros & some of them are title winning, Champions League winning pros & they regularly FUCK UP in fact they ALL fuck up, even Pep fucking Guardiola, so can people just desist with this absolute fucking shit that because there are people in football who get things right, they get EVERYTHING right ? No they fucking don't & most of them admit to getting things wrong on a regular basis, that's football & sport in general. They make mistakes & they learn from it. Barcelona have spunked fucking loads of money on shite over the years, just like every other club.

The idea that these players suitablity can't be questioned because we signed them is fucking stupid. We have already signed loads of players who were the wrong ones &will sign fucking loads more. That's football.

I happen to think we do really well on transfers, better than most. We have still spunked loads on the wrong players, just like every other club.

I agree all pros make mistakes. I'm happy to discuss players who we have signed who were not suitable, but when posters start calling these players wank, dog turd etc, that is just them being fucking brainless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.