Nicolas Otamendi 2015/16 performances

I agree all pros make mistakes. I'm happy to discuss players who we have signed who were not suitable, but when posters start calling these players wank, dog turd etc, that is just them being fucking brainless.

Well it's about emotion & some of their play recently fits that description. Some of the mistakes we have made, would have had people shouting at David Brightwell or Kit Symons.

Just because we are looking forward to a good future, & spent a load of money on these people & that they were signed by top people, doesn't mean that truly ridiculous defending should go without the criticism it deserves. I expect some of these people to get better, with the changes that are coming, but if they don't, for the comparitive money spent, they will rank amongst the worst signings ever made, in the history of the club. It will be Steve Daley level stuff.

Well it's about emotion & some of their play recently fits that description. Some of the mistakes we have made, would have had people shouting at David Brightwell or Kit Symons.

Just because we are looking forward to a good future, & spent a load of money on these people & that they were signed by top people, doesn't mean that truly ridiculous defending should go without the criticism it deserves. I expect some of these people to get better, with the changes that are coming, but if they don't, for the comparitive money spent, they will rank amongst the worst signings ever made, in the history of the club. It will be Steve Daley level stuff.

As I said, happy to discuss the good, bad and ugly of any player we have signed, and yes there have been some duds, but we have probably the best in the business doing it now and whilst they will make mistakes, they will not sign "wank or dog turd players" as for those terms being emotional, I think the poster I was originally responding to does it for attention. Maybe I should learn not to take the bait :)

But any assessment of Otamendi that overreacts to a bad weekend is just a useless snap judgement. This thread has been a horrible read for 4+ pages with shit assessments and generalizations on a player who has on the whole been very good for us. Yes, he slipped and opened up space for Barkley and was not great this past weekend. But he's been our best CB this season and it hasn't even been close. He's been partnered with absolute rubbish for most of his time here and has had several matches where he bordered on MOTM material.

There's room to question him as a player and even more room to wonder how he'll fit into Pep's system. But the last few pages have been more than over the top.

As I said, happy to discuss the good, bad and ugly of any player we have signed, and yes there have been some duds, but we have probably the best in the business doing it now and whilst they will make mistakes, they will not sign "wank or dog turd players" as for those terms being emotional, I think the poster I was originally responding to does it for attention. Maybe I should learn not to take the bait :)

They won't sign wank or dog turd players but they may sign one or two players who turn out to be wank or dog turd in our team. But the good thing is that no matter how many dog turds we collect, here & there, it won't stop us from being one of the top clubs in Europe long term. I recon the performance level we are seeing this season is a bad as it will get & even now we could still win the title.

They won't sign wank or dog turd players but they may sign one or two players who turn out to be wank or dog turd in our team. But the good thing is that no matter how many dog turds we collect, here & there, it won't stop us from being one of the top clubs in Europe long term. I recon the performance level we are seeing this season is a bad as it will get & even now we could still win the title.

Agree.
Are we becoming friends then :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.