Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah bollocks if he is the good partner.. did you see him for the first goal yesterday? He was 5 yards behind the defensive line

Well Stones was 15 yards in front of the defensive line for the first goal yesterday, towards the left wing. He played the ball back to clichy (who was poor granted) but then inexcusably ran further forward than he already was, rather than getting back into position and possibly giving clichy another/better option for the pass. maybe Otamendi was trying to cover for his partner who was way in front of yaya at the time for some reason. Granted he was deeper than the line which is not great, but how many other teams away at Everton would have there centre halfs so far apart at nil nil in the first half??

Well Stones was 15 yards in front of the defensive line for the first goal yesterday, towards the left wing. He played the ball back to clichy (who was poor granted) but then inexcusably ran further forward than he already was, rather than getting back into position and possibly giving clichy another/better option for the pass. maybe Otamendi was trying to cover for his partner who was way in front of yaya at the time for some reason. Granted he was deeper than the line which is not great, but how many other teams away at Everton would have there centre halfs so far apart at nil nil in the first half??

Stones was completely out of position too. Doesn't excuse Otamendi though, if one goes out you don't drop behind the other two. You keep the line.

All defenders make mistakes. He definitely makes the least out of our other central defenders and needs a leader/communicator alongside him.

Do you think Stones is better?

I don't think either are good centre halves. Doesn't matter who is better. Otamendi isn't a good enough defender to be playing in a side with our expectations. It's as simple as that.

Again. it is a cop out to say he needs a leader or communicator beside him. Absolute cop out. Why can't he lead and communicate? Look at all good centre half pairings, they both lead and communicate, in fact all good defenses communicate properly. He doesn't do the job he is paid to do. Which is defend. He is a dud. An absolute dud.

I don't think either are good centre halves. Doesn't matter who is better. Otamendi isn't a good enough defender to be playing in a side with our expectations. It's as simple as that.

Again. it is a cop out to say he needs a leader or communicator beside him. Absolute cop out. Why can't he lead and communicate? Look at all good centre half pairings, they both lead and communicate, in fact all good defenses communicate properly. He doesn't do the job he is paid to do. Which is defend. He is a dud. An absolute dud.

Course he's a dud. That's why he plays for Argentina and was in La Liga's team of the year before he joined us.

You've obviously made your mind up on him so I'll leave you too it. I'm sure you're a Guardiola out type of supporter who rings into Talksport to slag the club off.

Course he's a dud. That's why he plays for Argentina and was in La Liga's team of the year before he joined us.

You've obviously made your mind up on him so I'll leave you too it. I'm sure you're a Guardiola out type of supporter who rings into Talksport to slag the club off.

No, I like what Guardiola is trying to do, I'm just no so sure he'll be able to do it with the players he currently has.

For Manchester City in the premier league. Otamendi is a dud. I couldn't give a fuck what he done before it. He is too small and slow and doesn't compensate with an ability to read the game to play centre back in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.