Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response and the reminder on the books. Starting on Pep Confidential today. I'll bow out of this thread until I finish the book.
Enjoy it mate, its better than the second one which repeats a lot of the same messages and principles.

Defended him a lot but that was one of the worst CB performances I've ever seen last night, and I've watched plenty of Mangala.

He was so poor for the second goal it's beyond belief, he's almost so arrogant it's as if he doesn't realise that Mbappe can actually get to the ball.

I think he would look good in a Madrid shirt,

Too many mistakes in him for me, I think it was wobblegob last night that said he is too selfish and does not work as a pair with his other centre half which often results in them being left exposed. First time I have every heard anything sensible from the twunt.

As nutty as Pepe has been in a Real Madrid shirt, Otamendi isn't a patch on him and would struggle just as much as has been doing while at City. There are better replacements on the market.

Last edited:
Horrible last night, was hoping he would get substituted off, looked certain to cost us the game.

Excellent in some games and absolutely horrifying in others. That is acceptable for a young player still learning but not a 29 year old international CB.Too inconsistent to be a top CB. If the Real rumors are true, sell him ASAP. Otamendi out, Bonucci in and we improve massively.

There's an article on the Sky Sports App (presumably on the site as well) about last night's game. It's called "City's Flawed Brilliance", and it sums up Otamendi perfectly; his "apparent inability to detect danger". He was terrible last night. His positioning was all over the place, constantly on the wrong side of his man. Never mind this talk of Messi; we need a new CB and two new FBs.

I remember Souness saying that whoever was co-commentating on whatever United game it was, was wrong about Phil Jones making these wonderful sliding tackles because he wouldn't have to make those if he was in the right position initially.

I mean there are time when a good pass takes out a defender and he has to make a sliding tackle but reading the game is a skill that should be mastered too
Ppeople always say this but its really a fallacy that talking head trot out.

You can read a game in tight areas with most defensive players around you in good positions. Then there are other times (the majpurity I'd say) when reading has nothing to do with it.

Take Monaco's 3rd for example (some have blamed Otamendi's positioning. Even argued we conceded coz he left too much space btw him and Stones. This makes no sense as its a break away with 2 attackers Stons tracks one and Ota tries to stay btw the attacker on the ball and the free man. That's actually good positioning. Those that argue he should have been closer to Stones are insane. He goes any closer to Stones and a simple pass to Mbappe see him wide open against the go

Its hard to explain how lots of these claims are wrong with examples over chat.

And I'm sorry, bit Dunney can shut it. He couldn't clean Ota' s boots at his best and he was an error prone agricultural CB. Cult hero he maybe. But he sure was not a good CB.

Ppeople always say this but its really a fallacy that talking head trot out.

You can read a game in tight areas with most defensive players around you in good positions. Then there are other times (the majpurity I'd say) when reading has nothing to do with it.

Take Monaco's 3rd for example (some have blamed Otamendi's positioning. Even argued we conceded coz he left too much space btw him and Stones. This makes no sense as its a break away with 2 attackers Stons tracks one and Ota tries to stay btw the attacker on the ball and the free man. That's actually good positioning. Those that argue he should have been closer to Stones are insane. He goes any closer to Stones and a simple pass to Mbappe see him wide open against the go

Its hard to explain how lots of these claims are wrong with examples over chat.

And I'm sorry, bit Dunney can shut it. He couldn't clean Ota' s boots at his best and he was an error prone agricultural CB. Cult hero he maybe. But he sure was not a good CB.

Dunne was a brilliant centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.