Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still bitching about Otamendi and Dax is still putting up the good fight :) I see.

Unfortunately I've had some issues and missed most of the liverpool game so I can't attest to that game but hasn't he been in good/very good lately? Even for the naysayers? He should have been in the lineup vs monaco.

Lol. Please do me a favor and find someone whose headers always go forward. You can't even do that in video games mate. So you're saying Smalling is good in the air because from the time that you see him "in flesh", his header always go forward and never backward or sideways?

A goal is a goal whether you blast it to the goal or you tap it in.

A tackle won is a tackle won no matter where the ball heads after that.

An aerial duel is won when you win the header between at least 2 people.

Fucking hell mate, what kind of drugs are you on?

The fact that you think an aerial duel is 'won' by basically chucking yourself at the ball & fuck tbe consequences, explains why you think stats are the answer.

A proper centre back will often let the forward have the ball & pick up the result if the alternative is worse.

It's about judgement & Otamendi has none, just a good leap for a smallish cb.

Still bitching about Otamendi and Dax is still putting up the good fight :) I see.

Unfortunately I've had some issues and missed most of the liverpool game so I can't attest to that game but hasn't he been in good/very good lately? Even for the naysayers? He should have been in the lineup vs monaco.

He's played pretty well.

Difference between saying that & sucking his dick & making out hhis faults never existed.

I wasn't saying those two things were positive. I'm just saying that's not what we're discussing here.

How is winning header not a sturdy foundation for a player's ability at heading?

Scoring goal is not a sturdy foundation for a player's ability to score too then?

Because the definition of 'won' is bullshit rendering the stat bullshit.

The fact that you think an aerial duel is 'won' by basically chucking yourself at the ball & fuck tbe consequences, explains why you think stats are the answer.

A proper centre back will often let the forward have the ball & pick up the result if the alternative is worse.

It's about judgement & Otamendi has none, just a good leap for a smallish cb.
Your whole logic is just a laugh.

Here if you don't believe me then maybe you'll believe it when Pep says he's strong in the air?

http://www.eurosport.com/football/p...rmances-i-ve-ever-seen_sto5843188/story.shtml

Look at the last line. He also mentioned it many times in his press conference about Otamendi being excellent in the air, I'm just not bothered to find it.

Still fighting about whether he's good in the air or not, has he got any better at being consistent and defending the ball below head height.

Your whole logic is just a laugh.

Here if you don't believe me then maybe you'll believe it when Pep says he's strong in the air?

http://www.eurosport.com/football/p...rmances-i-ve-ever-seen_sto5843188/story.shtml

Look at the last line. He also mentioned it many times in his press conference about Otamendi being excellent in the air, I'm just not bothered to find it.

Pep says everybody is 'amaaaaazing' at everything. And he thinks Kolarov is also 'amaaaazing' in the air.

I don't know if you are another American & have to listen to Chuck Linkletter & Art Funkwit on commentary, but have a listen to people such as Martin Keown, on a typical Otamendi performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.