Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep says everybody is 'amaaaaazing' at everything. And he thinks Kolarov is also 'amaaaazing' in the air.

I don't know if you are another American & have to listen to Chuck Linkletter & Art Funkwit on commentary, but have a listen to people such as Martin Keown, on a typical Otamendi performance.

He does over use amazing.

Pep says everybody is 'amaaaaazing' at everything. And he thinks Kolarov is also 'amaaaazing' in the air.

I don't know if you are another American & have to listen to Chuck Linkletter & Art Funkwit on commentary, but have a listen to people such as Martin Keown, on a typical Otamendi performance.
I'm not sure if you're ignorant or just racist or maybe both.

For all the arguing about him being amazing in the air, not so much today.
Welbeck outmuscled him time and again on the deck too, he and Clichy were the weak links at the back today. He also did another of his headless chicken runs in the second half, trying to chase down the ball out wide near the halfway line and failing, leaving us a man short as Arsenal broke. Until he brings more consistency to his game I just can't see him as a regular starter.

Just sell this guy and bring the next guy in. Over it. People have had it out for him from the get go.

That's because from the get-go, it was clear to even unprofessional sportsman, that he was a liability and not good enough. Nearly 2 years on, that is still the case. I'd say it's an accurate judgement. That's not to say we haven't supported him, I've never booed or heckled etc at a match, but I've voiced my own honest opinion on his ability to defend for an aspiring top team on a forum.

Classic Europa League player for me.

He has those games where he lures you in with enchantment and you think wow, what a world beater, but then follows that performance up against a bottom half side and looks like he could struggle in the Championship.

Nowhere near consistent enough to be a consistent top class starting central defender.

You look at the likes of Otamendi and Mangala and it really does make you think how lucky we were to have Vinny as he was a few years ago, plus for only £6m too.

Around £70m for Otamendi and Mangala really is a frustrating City memory in recent years.

That's because from the get-go, it was clear to even unprofessional sportsman, that he was a liability and not good enough. Nearly 2 years on, that is still the case. I'd say it's an accurate judgement. That's not to say we haven't supported him, I've never booed or heckled etc at a match, but I've voiced my own honest opinion on his ability to defend for an aspiring top team on a forum.
The facts don't support your opinion though. Just check any indicator. They all say you are wrong.

That's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.