Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuel ntiti? And David Luis appear to be the most successful cb purchases this season. I think Luis would've been perfect to partner a fully fit vk

Vk can't even get a game because peps afraid he'll have a good run and have to keep him.

I'll gladly accept being wrong with this.

Vk can't even get a game because peps afraid he'll have a good run and have to keep him.

I'll gladly accept being wrong with this.
It could be that. Or it could be that its crystal clear Kompany is steps behind the other 3. Its laughable that folks think Pep has a superstar defender on the bench but doesn't use him.

The likelihood of that is practically Zero. Pep wants to win more than anyone. And on average he is not dimmer than your run of the mill fan. So if they can guess " uww Kompany will be great at CB" you can bet its a thought that has crossed Pep's mind.

And lets stop pretending, its not likely because be fears he'll break down either. Kompany is not the first great injury prone player either. More likely than not the evidence probably just shows he is the weakest of the 4 CB.

I know this is hard to accept for many who have seen Komp at his finest. That was 5 years ago.

Some of you should have seen George Weah 5 years before we got him.

Its tiring to have this discussions where people pretend their eyes and brains saddled with all its biases somehow do a better job than a study of the relevant statistics.

Check individual stats he dwarfs everyone.
Check stats of games involved vs games not involved and the % of loses rises dramatically.

Check the quality of opposition played. You'd find that he played against the toughest and yet we won more and he was absent against the weaker teams and yet we won less in those games.

Simply put its undeniable that he is a net positive for the club. A greater net positive than any other defender since he has been here.

These are facts, not opinions, personal views or punditry. Just facts!

You don't have to agree with the facts. But that doesn't change them.

Your stats are tiresome.

Otamendi statistically missed fewer challenges tonight than he did last week.

Was absolutely immense in everything today. Passing, heading, anticipation, tackling, reading of the game, he has it all
I posted some stats not long ago that showed that the team had never lost a league game when stones wasn't his partner in a thread where people were blaming him for stones poor performances. Now it could be that they just don't communicate and gel well as a pair but whenever he's played with anyone but stones next to him he's looked superb.
The teams record now in the league when he's started without stones reads 10 games 8 wins 2 draws with just 6 goals conceded in those games compared to games where stones has started without him which reads 10 games 6 wins 2 draws 2 defeats with 12 goals conceded.

Now I will also add that although stones generally also performs better without otamendi next to him and has been improving defensively this past month, Otamendi is still imo the much better defender(as he should be with his experience) and one I would keep with Kompany going forward in the team. I know some want him sold but I believe he has enough quality to be a mainstay in the team for a good 2-3 years once he has a settled partner that he understands next to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.