Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus is the last person who needs "toughening up" if you've seen any of the treatment from defenders he got in Brazil last year.

Not when you compare him to eg. Messi, who almost takes a beating for fun and then plays on regardless. But I take your point.

Not when you compare him to eg. Messi, who almost takes a beating for fun and then plays on regardless. But I take your point.

I suggest you just go an watch a game of his vs. a Brazilian team. The treatment Messi gets in Europe is like a 5 a side against children in comparison.

Knows what he's doing in my opinion. Fucking stupid, alright not a lot in it but he's got past for doing this.

It's a friendly and they play for the same club for fuck sake!

Last edited:
Knows what he's doing in my opinion. Fucking stupid, alright not a lot in it but he's got past for doing this.

It's a friendly and they play for the same club for fuck sake!
+1
IMO it's probably instinctive for Otters to put a bit extra on an opponent whenever he can.

If you're simply trying to jump as high as possible, why put your hand down in front of your opponent and then bring it sideways and upwards as you jump?

If I"m trying to jump as high as possible, I put my hands at my side, and then bring them up quickly while held very near to my body as I jump. I do not make a "snow angel" with my hands while jumping.

That wasnt the only instance of Ota leaving a bit on Jesus, had a few kicks through the back of him throughout the game and never once looked to apologise or acknowledge him.

Not something I like to see from teammates in a friendly. Especially between senior and junior members.

Had a good game today. Header on the post that led to the goal. Vital last chance clearance of a coutinho shot with goal gaping. Aggressive defending overall. Could be a important player for ARG in the coming World Cup if they qualify as defence is their weakness.

No malice in it. Just a bit of rough and tumble. It's Brazil v Argentina where there is no such thing as a "Friendly....."

That incident where gabby was stretchered off was what otamendi does to every single striker he faces when he wins a header. If he's caught him it was by accident and he never intentially did it. I love gabby but fuck me he went off like he was dead, needs to seriously toughen up, just because your club teammates it doesn't mean he can't come near you when you play against one another while on national duty.

Bet gabby is completely fine he brushed him.

Bollocks.

He twatted him in the head twice in the World Cup qualifier, one of them a straight arm accross the face.

I suggest you just go an watch a game of his vs. a Brazilian team. The treatment Messi gets in Europe is like a 5 a side against children in comparison.

Absolutely this.

And if hedidn't go down on the floor in Brazil, the ref would wave 'play on' as he did on one occasion I saw, when a bloke stamped on the back ofhis head when he was going for a header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.