Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you lots are focussing on the times Otamendi went in for the slide tackle and it resulted in a goal. But you're forgetting the other times when he did the slide tackle and basically prevented the goal scoring chance.

I think far too much is made of his going to ground. It's one of those easy events to see and scoff at. But as an example if you watch back the Dortmund match he made 3 or 4 incredible tackles that completely snuffed out an atttack. He's an incredibly talented defender. I don't know if he'll fit in Pep's style or not, although he certainly has always shown a desire to win the ball early :)

He's only had a season and has played in an unsettled defence at times,due to injuries and dodgy tactics.
Got to say however, that I wasnt too impressed with his positioning,going to ground,and feigning injury.
When watching him, I just get the feeling that,even when he's playing well there's a humongous fuck up in him that'll cost us the game.

He's only had a season and has played in an unsettled defence at times,due to injuries and dodgy tactics.
Got to say however, that I wasnt too impressed with his positioning,going to ground,and feigning injury.
When watching him, I just get the feeling that,even when he's playing well there's a humongous fuck up in him that'll cost us the game.
The way the team played for parts of last season, the humongous fuck up could be attributable to anyone in the team. The back line was overly exlosed last season and Im sure we wont see the same from now on.

A lot was made over how bad our defenders last year in particular the centre half’s. But I would also apportion some of the blame on midfielders not tracking back the obvious being Toure . What Otamendi does do well is come out with the ball and plays the high line trying to get the team back on the front foot as soon as possible. Personally I think that this season we will see the best of him having now had time to settle into the premiership.

Pep on Otamendi sliding in during games: "I don’t like it when central defenders go down on the pitch."

It was noticeable last night that he stayed on his feet and he didn't give any cheap freekicks away either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.