Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time he spends on his arse is not "exaggerated", it's utterly shocking how often he goes to ground.

Just for one moment I thought he'd conceded a penalty, late in the first half, when he misjudged the flight of a cross.
Otherwise, a decent game.

Pep on Otamendi sliding in during games: "I don’t like it when central defenders go down on the pitch."

Fuck I love Pep.

Just says and does the shit that needs to be said and done.

It was noticeable last night that he stayed on his feet and he didn't give any cheap freekicks away either

Recall him diving in needlessly once in the box making a very risky challenge that for a moment looked like a penalty but overall a drastic improvement on his usually horroe show. He's not an ideal fit for a Pep side by any means, i personally thought he'd be out the door as soon as Pep saw him in training but If Pep can stop him going to ground, aand can teach him something even remotely like a bit of positional sense he'll have his uses in this squad just as long as it is next to Stones or Kompany. Wouldn't be comfortable with him as the main ball player as his passing is horrendous.

Don't think he's as bad as people think, his passing range IMO is good, but the sliding will have to end and Pep's already sounded that out. I wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped because of it, but I think him and Stones could be a decent partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.