Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of his biggest critics, but he was outstanding on Sat. his best game in a city shirt maybe?
Up there with two performances at the shithole. Last season (particularly second half) and in the 0-0 under Pellegrini. So to be fair to him he does have it in him to really raise his game on some big occasions. I am one of his biggest critics but I have always recognised that he does have genuinely world class performances in him on his day. That foul at the end though was just absolutely baffling. For all the good work he had done, I do just end up thinking what the fuck was going through his mind at that moment. And it's that idiotic side to him that stops him being the defender he could be, that and his snail pace.

One of his biggest critics, but he was outstanding on Sat. his best game in a city shirt maybe?
I'm happy this was a question. He was good, but this doesn't even register as one of his top 5 games. Will make top 10 simply due to the quality of the OPPO.

Up there with two performances at the shithole. Last season (particularly second half) and in the 0-0 under Pellegrini. So to be fair to him he does have it in him to really raise his game on some big occasions. I am one of his biggest critics but I have always recognised that he does have genuinely world class performances in him on his day. That foul at the end though was just absolutely baffling. For all the good work he had done, I do just end up thinking what the fuck was going through his mind at that moment. And it's that idiotic side to him that stops him being the defender he could be, that and his snail pace.
Who da fuk stole my friend's handle?

***Note to. Poster*** if this is Lancet Fluke's misses... Hi there... Can you let your husband back on? These complimentary words about Otamendi are quite unnerving :p

Sidenote: And this is for those who often falsely claim he needs a leader next to him...

Did anyone notice that Otamendi was the one organizing, leading and commanding the defense yesterday?

First, he started with instructing Delphihno, then JS, then the whole defense on set pieces.

I always knew he had this in him coz he did it at Porto and for Argentina... But with Kompany and Stones ( Both natural leaders... I can see why he didn't do it so much before). But yesterday was a Debryune and Otamendi day. They were both ordering folks around.

As much as I think Stones is an unbelievably natural leader. I'm more convinced than ever that Kevin is City's next captain. Frankly, he is the captain now, Dave wears the band. Dave is the Elder statesman but Kev is the leader.

Sidenote: And this is for those who often falsely claim he needs a leader next to him...

Did anyone notice that Otamendi was the one organizing, leading and commanding the defense yesterday?

First, he started with instructing Delphihno, then JS, then the whole defense on set pieces.

I always knew he had this in him coz he did it at Porto and for Argentina... But with Kompany and Stones ( Both natural leaders... I can see why he didn't do it so much before). But yesterday was a Debryune and Otamendi day. They were both ordering folks around.

As much as I think Stones is an unbelievably natural leader. I'm more convinced than ever that Kevin is City's next captain. Frankly, he is the captain now, Dave wears the band. Dave is the Elder statesman but Kev is the leader.

I did & that was another improvement which probably helped in catching Chelsea offside on many occasions.

With this year's squad - pressing the ball immediately when it turns over - Otters has much more protection than last year.

And we'll play 3 at the back often, which allows Otters to be aggressive when the ball is on his side while pulling back if the ball is central/on the opposite side.

Otters is a definite asset to our side this year because our team is set up for his success.

Last year, the team didn't always press for the full game - and thus our back line was over exposed - and Otter's penchant for making overly aggressive plays were much more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.