Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy this was a question. He was good, but this doesn't even register as one of his top 5 games. Will make top 10 simply due to the quality of the OPPO.
Think his performance at the sty in the 2-1 last season was the best ive seen him play.He was nothing short of majestic that day,and ironically,kept his head in the face of extreme provacation from either big nose or eric Bailly, cant remember which,may have been both.
I remember one incident ,second half,where he brought a high ball out of the sky using both chest control,then knee ,all in one outstanding movement...admittingly under no pressure,but still not the normal skill seen by a centre back.

Great match. That acrobatic clearance at the end might have saved us 2 points. Got a feeling that there aren't many detractors left. He's a machine that's never injured which says a lot for our squad and is such a bonus. That awkward partnership with Stones looks to be cleared up and coming along better than we expected. Feel awful for Vinnie might be the end of his city career as first choice.

Great match. That acrobatic clearance at the end might have saved us 2 points. Got a feeling that there aren't many detractors left. He's a machine that's never injured which says a lot for our squad and is such a bonus. That awkward partnership with Stones looks to be cleared up and coming along better than we expected. Feel awful for Vinnie might be the end of his city career as first choice.

They are beginning to look very solid. Vinny if fit will always get games. If he was fit I'd certainly start Vinny against Burnley. Kompany is still incredibly dominant. But Stones & Otamendi are looking very good in all areas.

Thought he did very well tonight when things went pear shaped, on occasion, due to us not killing off a dangerous opponent.

Exactly what is needed, if we are to succeed. No matter who we sign or how well we are playing, there will be occasions where the ball doesn't go in, our opponents get away with it & we need the defence to stand up.

He and Stones did that really well tonight & they had very few chances to score.

So much better this season. Seems far less prone to the rash challenges which hampered his game previously. Thought he was excellent tonight when we really needed him.

There was a moment where he was up against Callejon I think and a year or two ago he would of slid in to nick the ball but made a good tackle on his feet this time.

So much better this season. Seems far less prone to the rash challenges which hampered his game previously. Thought he was excellent tonight when we really needed him.

He's come on leaps and bounds. I'd say he's the most improved of all the current players. He's looking like the defender he was at Valencia. Strong, aggressive.

I feel like I am seeing him less and less in games and for some players thats a bad thing, where Otamendi is concerned, I think its a positive. Gone are the dog with a balloon runs and the crazy slide tackles on the halfway line. He seems to have removed the gung-ho side to his game and he looks a much more solid centre back for doing so.

Another strong individual performance last night as well as a team performance. Our play it out from the back style (which can draw a sharp intake of breath at times) is so easy on the eye and has the oppo chasing shadows and Stones/Ota are brilliant at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.