Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won everything in the air and played out of his skin, he was my man of the match for City but its worrying that Koeman was targeting him to have the ball though. We lacked that ball playing CB, should have moved Stones left as thats where all the play was going.

I like Nico and he is usually very good in the air but he won nothing in the air in first half against their striker.

I m used to Otamendi playing that good that now I don t even notice it when he has a perfect game. Can t understand the criticism.

Wow wow wow, wait a minute.... So many Otamendi fans. What's going on here? Beginning to feel real crowded up in this Otamendi fan club room.

Quickly, someone shut the barn door before @Neville Kneville and @Lancet Fluke make it in. :)

Our best passer out of the back imo. 82% long ball accuracy so far(19/23).

Kompany 6/12
Stones 4/6

He looks to have carried on where he left off last season defensively but what's really surprised me is just how much he's schooling Kompany and Stones on bringing the ball forward and breaking through midfield.

Stones looks weighed down in the middle of the three and Vinnie (although certainly not incompetent) looks uncharacteristically sheepish in possession and nowhere near incisive enough. Otamendi, although sometimes lacking true quality on the ball, has had the bollocks to drive through the other team's midfield and that style of play is the only way a back three will be effective against the vast majority of our opponents, in my opinion.

Wow wow wow, wait a minute.... So many Otamendi fans. What's going on here? Beginning to feel real crowded up in this Otamendi fan club room.

Quickly, someone shut the barn door before @Neville Kneville and @Lancet Fluke make it in. :)
We've always been fans, it's just we're coming out of our shell a bit more. We're all too tired of shitty pundits and newspapers souring opinion on the man.

I said I thought all the cbs did well individually, when in fact they did all make mistakes, but if you are getting giddy, then he was completely at fault for leaving Rooney with a free header on about 78 mins which, luckily, went straight at the keeper otherwise, he would be getting proper shit from me on here. No way should he be struggling v Rooney on simple diagonal ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.