Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to say I was wrong about the guy. I argued long about his positional play and game intelligence. He has simply had an amazing year. Undoubtedly Pep has helped his game but most of the improvement has to be down to his attitude, professionalism and talent.

Watching the rags game back again and noticed that Nico runs the show and dictates the play from the back consistently. The confidence and trust is there. Feels like I’m in the twilight zone here with Vinnie looking and taking orders from Nico.

Otamendi's distribution is world class. He's probably the best ball playing centre half in the world. Stonesy isn't far behind.

Happy to say I was wrong about the guy. I argued long about his positional play and game intelligence. He has simply had an amazing year. Undoubtedly Pep has helped his game but most of the improvement has to be down to his attitude, professionalism and talent.

Me too. I ripped him constantly that first season (tbf he was weak as piss at times) but he has been nothing short of magnificent this season. In fact there was a point in the second half I winced as a B'mouth player stood on his foot and I thought he might be out for a while when he pulled up limping. Its really about who plays at CB with Ota these days when Pep is picking a team.

I've said this many times, doesn't get enough credit for this. He is very good in bringing the ball up and making decisive passes!
And on all those occasions I was there to back up your accurate claim. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.