Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree wholeheartedly with the most improved player comments. Cut out the silly diving in, cut out the play acting and is now one of the best centre halves in the world.

Agree wholeheartedly with the most improved player comments. Cut out the silly diving in, cut out the play acting and is now one of the best centre halves in the world.

I mean he was the best in La Liga when we signed him so I think it's a case of adjusting rather than improving. Been our best since he's been here imo

I mean he was the best in La Liga when we signed him so I think it's a case of adjusting rather than improving. Been our best since he's been here imo

He was nowhere near this good at Valencia though. He got that award through some very flashy games vs. Real Madrid which earned media attention and scoring a lot of goals, but he wasn't really one of the 2 best CB's in Spain, just the big name newcomer.

Plus a real warrior - look at how he was mad keen to continue after a head injury yesterday despite the game being virtually won. One of favourite performances of his was the 2H of last season's Derby at the Swamp - we were a bit under the cosh and he was everywhere.

He was nowhere near this good at Valencia though. He got that award through some very flashy games vs. Real Madrid which earned media attention and scoring a lot of goals, but he wasn't really one of the 2 best CB's in Spain, just the big name newcomer.

That's harsh, he was superb that entire season, in every aspect. He even made Mustafi look good.

The difference is the team and the system, allowing him to shine..He's not playing in a back-line with Mangala/Demichelis, Sagna and Kolarov anymore and behind a midfield with Yaya starting most games. He's playing with good defenders in front of a goalkeeper that staves off any high-line jitters behind a pressing front 6 the likes this league has only seen when our teams played Pep's Barca.

Those saying it's a huge individual improvement are probably just justifying calling him shit for the last two seasons, because that's easier than admitting they were wrong about him.

Last edited:
Screw it. He's my player of the season. So damn consistent and he won us the derby too!

Top buy - we have not done bad with our Argentines have we? Safe bet going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.