Nicolas Otamendi signs new contract until 2022

Ota deserves it and hopefully he can continue to improve.

Last edited:
If he'd continued like the previous two seasons, (or both games v Liverpool, ironically) this would never have happened, but the turnaround is such that he has become our only real reliable cb in this current period.

Hopefully Stones will soon shape up again,& he gave Otta the willys v Liverpool, but irrespective, we will really be relying on Otamendi as the leader from the two, in order to make sure we finish the season off properly, & he will probably come up with the goods to do that, which I never would have trused in previous seasons.

I really admire players like him & Sterling, who get their shit together & move up a level, it's so easy to go the other way.

Fair play to him, he has really deserved this.

I have seldom seen such an improvement in a player. The signs were there for the second half of last season that he was ‘getting it’, but the guy has been a revelation this season as a defender, leader and has pitched in with some important goals. Fully deserves his contract extension. You have to also credit Pep and the coaching team who have played a significant part in this.

You can’t not love Otamendi, he gives everything he’s got and he’s a class act. Now he’s got a midfield in front of him with legs and work rate who close off the ball into feet he’s not having to dive in anymore which has been a huge improvement. More than anything though it’s just how good he is on the ball, he seems to get better every single week, not quite John Stones yet but not bloody far off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.