Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

You would be better off getting a Pi and installing Retropie.

I have all the NES, SNES, Megadrive, N64 and PS1 games I could ever want.

This is the solution. I thought of buying the retro mini then decided to buy Retron 9-in-1 instead. Can play NES, SNES, Sega, the early Game Boys and Famicon. Bargain.

I think this console is really just one for the collectors. If you're just interested in playing the games, emulation is the way to go (especially as you can get all the games/ROMs that way).

There's the Wii, as has already been mentioned, which can be easily modded. Downside is that you'll need to also pick up official Wii controllers (or GameCube ones) to play, which ain't cheep.

There are plenty of emulators that run on Windows and Android, and most work with modern controllers plugged in (wired XBox 360 and XBox One controllers seem to work the best.

If you want a dedicated machine to plug into the TV and be you main, permanent retro console, then Raspberry Pi is the way to go. For the device, a case, a SD card, a HDMI cable and a couple of controllers you're looking at about £40 and a bit of effort, but I think the result is better.

I think this console is really just one for the collectors. If you're just interested in playing the games, emulation is the way to go (especially as you can get all the games/ROMs that way).

There's the Wii, as has already been mentioned, which can be easily modded. Downside is that you'll need to also pick up official Wii controllers (or GameCube ones) to play, which ain't cheep.

There are plenty of emulators that run on Windows and Android, and most work with modern controllers plugged in (wired XBox 360 and XBox One controllers seem to work the best.

If you want a dedicated machine to plug into the TV and be you main, permanent retro console, then Raspberry Pi is the way to go. For the device, a case, a SD card, a HDMI cable and a couple of controllers you're looking at about £40 and a bit of effort, but I think the result is better.
I would say if you want N64 or PS1 games then you need to be looking at £70ish as you want the raspberry pi 3.

If you have a console controller you can sync it up easily. I have mine connected to my ps4 controller.

There hasn't been any pre orders yet, all you can do is sign up for email notification when pre orders are available.

if there being offered on ebay then I don't know what you're buying.

I would say if you want N64 or PS1 games then you need to be looking at £70ish as you want the raspberry pi 3.

If you have a console controller you can sync it up easily. I have mine connected to my ps4 controller.
Yes, good point.

Are you connecting your PS4 controller to the RP3 via bluetooth or USB?

There hasn't been any pre orders yet, all you can do is sign up for email notification when pre orders are available.

if there being offered on ebay then I don't know what you're buying.

I pre-ordered mine through game on Monday night and paid for it - does this not count as pre-order?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.