Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

I loved the SNES. So many classics: Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Street Fighter II Turbo, Goldeneye, 4x player Bomberman etc..
Probably the most sociable and playable games.

Get a Wii U and mod the Wii side of it (vWii) so it runs GameCube games (using a hack called Nintendont, (which allows you to run games in full screen using the Wii remotes or Wii u pro wireless controllers, or if you prefer you can buy a super smash brothers 4 way controller port which connects to the Wii u via USB and then allows you to plug 4 original GameCube controllers into it and play the GameCube games with the original controllers). Then you can run Wii games (using a hack called USB Loader) from an external HD. These are not emulated games like on a raspberry pi, it works the same as if you had the original discs. I've got about 200 GameCube games and about 150 Wii games on my hard drive. I have also added the same NES, SNES, Gameboy Advance, and Sega emulators you find in retropie on the raspberry pi to this as well with 1000's of games, so the Wii side of my Wii u runs every Nintendo game/console from NES to Wii except for N64. The N64 emulators are notoriously wank, I removed the one I had on my raspberry pi because the pi couldn't handle the way Nintendo programmed the games for the N64, I am yet to discover a console based emulator that can run N64 games smoothly without scenery or graphics missing or serious slowdown. All is not lost though, you can download about 30/40 N64 games (all the best ones) and run them perfectly (not emulated) after you hack the Wii U side of your console from Nintendo's virtual console and play them on the Wii U side. I will post how below. First hack the vWii side of your Wii U.

***THIS GUIDE IS FOR THE WII SIDE OF THE WII U. IT ISNT FOR WII CONSOLES, THERE IS A SEPARATE GUIDE FOR WII CONSOLES***

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

After that you can hack the Wii U side of the console (using a hack called Haxchi) so you can run Wii U games from a different external hard drive (you need 1 hard drive for the vWii side for all of your NES, SNES, GBA, SEGA, GameCube and Wii games, and another hard drive to run the Wii U and virtual console (including N64 titles mentioned above) games from, the reason you need two HDDs is due to the format used by the Wii u so you can run games and save data from an external HDD is different to the format used on the vWii side of the machine. So you need 2 external HDDs - I have two 2tb ones which I swap over depending on what games I want to use. With this hack you can download every title available from Nintendo's eshop for the Wii U including NES, SNES, N64 classic titles, all of the hundreds of indie games available and Wii u titles of course (the guide below shows you a game downloader which is similar to the eshop but all for free after you hack it using haxchi). The Wii u is limited to 300 titles so you can only ever have 300 titles displayed and playable at any time but I have about 400+ titles made up of Wii u (I was playing the new Zelda game Wii u version on the day it was released for free), indie and N64 games. Again these aren't emulated, they run like original games. You can also unlock the region on both sides so you can play all USA/JAP games on all the consoles, there are several cracking games available which were never released in the EU. And with the Wii u games you can have the latest update and ALL the DLC for every game for free :-)

****THIS GUIDE IS FOR THE WII U SIDE OF A WII U, DO NOT USE THIS ON A WII***

The guides look complicated but they're a piece of piss with zero chance of bricking your console IF you follow them to the letter, if you've tinkered with a raspberry pi/retropie this is as easy. The longest bit is downloading all of the games, I have hundreds backed up on a 4tb HDD for posterity, I'm doing my bit to make sure these games don't get forgotten. The raspberry pi struggles with games above the 16bit consoles so it could never compete with this level of retro gaming. A lot of PS1 games have problems on the pi, the only reason I've kept my pi was purely for the arcade games on it. My Wii U was dead and buried and unused (PS4 owner as well), it was probably the most disappointing machine I had owned until I revived it to run everything Nintendo has developed and released since the NES, I now call it a WiicUbe.

It would probably cost £100 for a Wii U and the same for the HDDs but after that you have access to every title Nintendo has ever released, all played perfectly. I paid just under £100 for my pi 3b last year before I knew about this.

If anyone wants to know anything else just give me a shout.

Can anyone who uses a rasperry pi reccomend me a ps1 emulator.
When i bought one it came pre loaded with everything else othe than playstation stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.