Nirvana

mackenzie said:
TFC said:
Sorry, just never were my cup of tea!

:)

How old are you?

(sorry if that is a bit personal, but just interested)

Bit late answering, but anything to take my mind off that fooking shit at COMS....scouse twats. I am 32, Nirvana blew up when I was a teen. Maybe I was too young to appreciate the 'music'...

;-)

Banned Tosspot said:
Pearcey said:
When he shot himself... He had R.E.M.'s Automatic for The People in his CD player.
It's better than anything he ever did ;)

You jest... but he was super jealous of R.E.M. ... he wanted Nirvana to sound more like them.

REM was on his CD player and.

Nirvana was music for slightly miffed well-to-do teenagers to headbut their wardrobes to, I liked it. I wasn't well-to-do, we were always middle-class but very poor.

There's a Hammond organ version by Pleasure Beach (on Hammond Street). I'm growing used to it. I used to think it was cardigan music.

mostonblue said:
I'm not trying to purposely be controversial but isn't there meant to be good evidence that Kurt didnt kill himself but that he was murdered, supposedly by Courtney Love.

I think he was meant to be too drugged up to have been able to do anything, especially load a gun a shoot himself. Also some think his suicide letter was meant to be a letter telling her he was leaving her, and the last couple of lines that do seem to be 'suicidal' is in a different handwriting. I'm sure there are other things too.

Don't know what you all think about that! Not saying i agree with it or anything just stating that's what people think

Indeed, plenty of conspiracy theories out there about Kurt's death.

Never been entirely convinced about them tbh, but I have always believed that Courtney was/is a poisonous individual and I would not be surprised at anything she was capable of.

Kurt was very damaged, and that was part of his allure I think. But to see him with his bleach blonde hair falling over his face, singing into the microphone and smashing things up is quite cathartic for many.

Remember Cobain saying once that Nirvana were ''just Cheap Trick with louder guitars''. But, he forgot to mention, ''and without great melodies and songs'' too. (And if you listen to Trick's first album, not even louder guitars!)

Sorry, but found his singing whiney and needy. Their biggest hit, 'Teen Spirit' was, on Cobain's own admittance, based clearly on the central riff to Boston's 'More Than A Feeling'.
The slow/fast/slow/fast concept to most of their songs was good though.....Just a pity Husker Du did it several years earlier.............
His missus Celebrity Skin album with Hole was a cracker though!

Pearcey said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Their unplugged set is fucking awesome

I gave lithium a blast in the car the other day

+1

Great album that, Cobain's voice is amazing. Interestingly the guitar he used was a chopped up acoustic fitted with a custom electric guitar pickup.
Someone get Pearcey a dictionary so he can look up the word 'interestingly'!!!!!

I've always liked Nirvana, I wouldn't go as far as to say they were my favourite band but there was something about them that always appealed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.