NME being handed out free....

Some fucking crafting magazine. She likes them and can't get out so I usually pick her one up if I spot them. They're normally a fiver a pop and I grumble about that, but a tenner is just taking the piss.
It's expensive just to stabilise a wobbly table!

They've ceased the print edition altogether now:

Shame, was an avid reader when I was a teenager.

It's been a long time coming. A pale imitation of the glory days.

I used to enjoy the free albums from sounds and I think it was nme that did the c86 cassette

Story on the radio from ex-editor Danny Kelly about having a screaming argument with then co tributor Steve Lamaq about who went on the cover. Lamaq kicked Kelly's desk so hard he broke his leg, lol.
That's passion.

In 1980 the NME wasn't published for a few weeks due to a strike. Some of its writers brought this out.

1980-05-10-Blondie-Split-02.jpg

At university (mid 1990s) I remember so many students would simply 'get into bands' because they were on the front cover. Sad bastards.

I used to buy it but some of the writers were so pretentious. I remember one reviewer describing a Throwing Muses album as 'like seahorses in a pack of quavers'. I still haven't worked what that was supposed to mean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.