No connection with the fans anymore.

I am interested to find out when did the club last listen to the fans or when the club were last connected to the fans, also which club is better then ours at the previous questions.
Up to 2012/2013 the club had regular meetings with fans via Points of Blue. These were about 4 times a year and PoB would submit an agenda which would be discussed at the meetings. Those stopped under Soriano but actually are a PL requirement under their rules as well as being one of the recommended actions coming out of the Parliamentary Football Expert Working Group.

As regards the clubs who do have regular, structured meetings with their fans, all the other top six clubs do that. Liverpool, Chelsea and even the rags have a formal, elected fan committee that meets senior management regularly. Arsenal & Spurs supporters trusts have regular meetings with their respective boards. We get loaded questions in surveys.

Up to 2012/2013 the club had regular meetings with fans via Points of Blue. These were about 4 times a year and PoB would submit an agenda which would be discussed at the meetings. Those stopped under Soriano but actually are a PL requirement under their rules as well as being one of the recommended actions coming out of the Parliamentary Football Expert Working Group.

As regards the clubs who do have regular, structured meetings with their fans, all the other top six clubs do that. Liverpool, Chelsea and even the rags have a formal, elected fan committee that meets senior management regularly. Arsenal & Spurs supporters trusts have regular meetings with their respective boards. We get loaded questions in surveys.
Thank you for that insight, I was not aware of these requirements.

Doesn't show the Club in a very good light though.

Here for the money fella, don't kid yourself.
You think Aguero feels no connection to the shirt? To the club? To the fans? It's given him hardware and wealth beyond imagine. Plus he could easily force a move. I'm not naive, but I'm certainly not as cynical as that. Can't imagine there's any joy in the game for you.

Back in the day although it was not easy to organise and could be hit & miss players and staff regulary turned up at supporter club meetings

They are more distant away from us(fans) than ever. We are pretty much irrelevant to them tbh.

Goes both ways I suppose and I guess that explains the ever increasing apathy in the stadium. I'm not sure thats ever really going to change as long as we remain one of the wealthiest clubs around. Our expectations and rightly so are so high right now any slight drop in performances the fans go into meltdown. In the old days we'd all have a little moan and then laugh about it.

Arsenal fans can't do anything as long as Stan is at the helm. I live in Denver he owns most of our teams, the Kroenkes are c a n c e r. As a city supporter I enjoy watching their demise though!

Last edited:

I'm sure those fan committees are very influential.

With regards to Zaba. My daughter and son waited one morning at the training ground, her with her Zaba top on. When he arrived he stopped briefly and said sorry he couldn't do anything as he was already late for training. He asked them to come back later that day at a specific time, which they did. He then got out of his car, chatted with them and signed her shirt, took photos and then rummaged around in his boot and gave them a bit of merchandise. They were elated and that shirt is now framed and takes pride of place in her room. Top man Zaba

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.