No connection with the fans anymore.

Footballers are people too, you know. They don't ask to be adored. All they want to do is get on with their job. There are some exceptions of course, but most players find it difficult to connect

My mum asked Sweep for an autograph once explaining her husband and two sons were regular season ticket holders for years, he wasn't in a rush and still said no. That was before he went to Chelsea so around 13/14 years ago.

Mark Kennedy was also rude circa 2000 when we asked him for a signature.

It's not new and they shouldn't stop for everyone, we weren't that arsed on either occasion.

I'm sure those fan committees are very influential.
Of course they can never force the club to do something but the point is they can discuss pertinent matters with senior club officials. At Chelsea for example, Roman's right hand (wo)man, Marina Granovskaia (who is CEO in all but name) attends and even Bruce Buck (chairman) has attended. At the rags, the group MD Richard Arnold attends.

At Liverpool the committee secured a small but significant very cheap ticket allocation (500 I think) that is set aside for local youngsters who otherwise couldn't afford to go. I believe PoB pressed for the installation of the ATM at the ground and got agreement for other improvements. We also helped individual fans who felt they had been badly dealt with. On the other hand we argued in vain that the post-match arrangements for away fans caused great inconvenience and were unnecessary.

It's also a two-way communication & we had a very good discussion about standing, where Peter Fletcher gave an open and honest view about the problems and his solotion, which we fully understood and agreed with. But now, people at the club make arbitrary decisions without understanding the consequences or renege on promises without being held to account.

Somebody wrote to City and told them that my Dad was ill a few years ago.
Next thing you know, he receives a get well card from Kevin Keegan.
My Dad died a few days later.
You better hope you don't get your key rings @Gray

Didn't get to many games last year after relocating darn sarf. The thought of coming up on the train for a Sunday 4pm KO against Stoke just hurts my head, especially with the current experience at the Etihad.

Gone halves this year with my Dad's mate...let's see how it pans out.

Didn't get to many games last year after relocating darn sarf. The thought of coming up on the train for a Sunday 4pm KO against Stoke just hurts my head, especially with the current experience at the Etihad.

Gone halves this year with my Dad's mate...let's see how it pans out.

London branch not offering travel anymore? Used to get a return for £35 - £45 with them back in the day.

Most of them don't give a shit. With me the feeling is mutual. They represent the badge. I love City not the players. Players like Zaba are a rare exception.
It's been like that for years, even when we were good in the 70's & the shit years.

For every Dickov, Horlock, Goater there's players who don't give a fuck, to be fair it's the same in 'normal' work invioments as well.

It's been like that for years, even when we were good in the 70's & the shit years.

For every Dickov, Horlock, Goater there's players who don't give a fuck, to be fair it's the same in 'normal' work invioments as well.
I know. I wasn't really having a go at them just being honest. We pay them to play football not invest their heart and soul in City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.