No connection with the fans anymore.

Lad at work is a united fan and hates Ryan Giggs with a passion, when I asked him why he said when he was a kid he asked him for his autograph and he completely fobbed him off.... as an adult it doesn't phase you but as a kid these people are your hero's and idols, but I guess these people don't care about the opinions of children.

I remember being shunned by Danny Tiatto when I was a kid when I asked for his autograph so I wouldn't necessarily say this is a new thing. Might be more players who are disconnected these days because of the money involved etc. I wouldn't take it personally.

Lad at work is a united fan and hates Ryan Giggs with a passion, when I asked him why he said when he was a kid he asked him for his autograph and he completely fobbed him off.... as an adult it doesn't phase you but as a kid these people are your hero's and idols, but I guess these people don't care about the opinions of children.
Thats unfair
Rg is a Family man ..

replies are spot on, but what goes through the mind of a 10 year old when they are facing one of there heroes that they put on the back of their shirt, sing about from the stand and then stare at them face to face and the decision from Jesus is to put his foot to the floor and accelerate away like he couldn't get out of there quick enough, I was instantly asked by my daughter ......why did he do that?

My dad often tells a story of when he was about 11, and he saw Frank Swift walking out of Maine Road (dad lived near the ground) and even though he was a united fan he followed him to his home in Moss Side, round the corner from the ground, saw him go in the house, knocked on the front door, upon which Frank Swift's mum came to the door and when my dad said he wanted his autograph, she insisted to his son that he did just that, so my dad would go away.

That was before 1992, obviously.
Well that's a lie.

Everybody knows football didn't exist back then, and that Sky TV invented the game.

I remember Kevin Keegan staying on for over an hour at a junior blues event and not leaving until everyone who wanted an autograph or photo ha got one. Couldn't see Pep doing that

And he also almost bankrupted the club, meddled in the affairs of the Board and saddled us with a bunch of has-beens who we couldn't shift later.

Couldn't see Pep doing that.

replies are spot on, but what goes through the mind of a 10 year old when they are facing one of there heroes that they put on the back of their shirt, sing about from the stand and then stare at them face to face and the decision from Jesus is to put his foot to the floor and accelerate away like he couldn't get out of there quick enough, I was instantly asked by my daughter ......why did he do

For the record as mentioned before Kyle Walker is a decent lad no pre madonna bullshit, fingers crossed for nothing but success for him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.