Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
It was a ****s trick writing that story about him,welcome to england mate

It's surfaced once previously. An article trying to portray a man to be a piece of shit when in actual fact it was him who was badly let down by those he needed.

His indiscipline won't have helped but I also think (hope) that Pep has realised that the Premier League is different & much more difficult on a weekly basis, than anywhere else he has been & it requires more athleticism for his methods to work & Nolito is just a casualty of that. Sane, Sterling followed by Navas has been his preference. By coinicidence, us meeting Monaco, the fastest team in the Champions League, won't have helped Nolito's chances either. I will be surprised if he lasts.

Nolito is a really talented footballer imo although recently he has tried to overdo it when he has got on the pitch & been a bit greedy. Just unfortunate that City are developing in another direction.

some players need to be playing regularly to get into the rhythm and perform at their best, whilst others can make more immediate impacts whenever they're called upon. Unfortunately if you're a fringe player you have to be the latter.

He has become just another Negrado as of late and will probably end up the same way out of the door plying his trade elsewhere. As a player I do like him loads of aggression energy more than willing to fight the cause. But the emergence of Sane and Jesus coming has pretty much snuffed out his game time opportunities. I can't see him at the club next season he's pushing 30 sat on the bench all the time.

his running style has been bugging me all season, then it hit me this week, Nolito runs like Norman Pitkin (Norman Wisdom). This clips proves it

some players need to be playing regularly to get into the rhythm and perform at their best, whilst others can make more immediate impacts whenever they're called upon. Unfortunately if you're a fringe player you have to be the latter.

Agreed. Things started well for him when he was playing regularly. Pep dropped him early doors in the season seemingly to shoehorn Gundogan in with Silva and KDB. The team lost some of the width it was playing with and results started to suffer. Since then he hasn't seen much playing time. His form dipped. There were rumours of discipline problems. Up until the last game against Hull (where he seemed a little frantic) I thought he was starting to look a bit sharper.

Feel for him. He gave up (albeit limited chances) reuniting with Barcelona to come to City. He had been picked for the Spanish national team based on form. That's all disappeared. He must be wondering to a certain extent why Pep wanted him and then why he signed up. Still, that's all hindsight.

He was considered to be our best signing this summer after the great 10 games we won at the beginning of the season, and then he just disappeared !

A most peculiar season, especially as I think he signed a four-year deal, and it's impossible to determine whether he has a future at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.