Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose it's all relative and leaves me wondering how we would describe some of our previous players if Nolito's deemed mediocre and bang average. Not sure you need to win trophies to be respected for being an international player.

As for Yacob, I find that one hard to disagree with, though if you ever want a player to commit multiple fouls and get a booking, he's your man.
Previous players when we were bang average, at best, as a club I assume?

The standards different, it's all relative as you say, and his signing was one that falls bang in the middle of bang average for our squad.

During 2/3 game spells we've had clamour for Nolito being our best player, Delph being our best player, Kolarov being our best player etc nothing but trends on here. Aguero, Silva those are our best players, don't confuse them with purple patches for average players.

As for the trophy comment, it's the only aspect of having a Spanish cap that I could just about comprehend making them a little "better" than most countries. Like how Tom Cleverly has 13 caps for England but would it be disrespectful to call him average? Nope, would be an understatement.

I don't get the hate with the player. Nolito was brought in as another very useful squad player who has had a good season at Celta Vigo, showed what he was capable playing for his national side and understood what style of play Guardiola expects from his team.

He's not bang average, his lack of game time has little to do with ability, there's obviously been some sort of falling out with Pep, which is a shame, I liked his tenacity and he also seemed to have a good knack for goalscoring.

He still has that record of winning every Premier League game he's started.

Shocker.

Buy a bang average 29 year old player for a stupidly inflated fee and wages then have those wages prove a stumbling block when having to shop him about for a loss.

It's almost as if people saw it at the time but that couldn't be because the club never does silly things.

Shocker. Bang average poster in bang average post shock.

Shocker. Bang average poster in bang average post shock.
I think that constitutes progress on your behalf.

To deem the person obviously under your skin as bang average must mean that God complex of yours is on the wane.

Good for you.

Pep can't build his side if he's going to pie his own signings off after a season lol

Anyway he should leave if he wants regular game time and any shot of being at the world cup.

Such an odd set of circumstances. He looked great when he first signed and really knew were the goal was, something we have cried out for all year. I hope we find out where it all went wrong.

MARCA saying Betis are trying to sign him on loan, with Betis paying 50% of the salary....

So £13m transfer fee, £5m wages this season and £2.5m wages to send him somewhere else for next season. Sensational business even by City standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.