Northern Ireland

gordondaviesmoustache

There's been a broadly liberal consensus among the British political classes over the last generation, or so.

We now have the unedifying spectacle of a British government signing an agreement, to remain in power, with a group that many would describe as crypto-fascists.

How do people on the 'mainland' now feel about Northern Ireland being at the heart of British political decision making?

Are they happy to continue to bankroll a province that has challenging levels of self-reliance?

Are NI citizens more or less of a burden that those from the rest of the EU?

If, given the choice, would you want the six counties to remain part of the UK?

There's been a broadly liberal consensus among the British political classes over the last generation, or so.

We now have the unedifying spectacle of a British government signing an agreement, to remain in power, with a group that many would describe as crypto-fascists.

How do people on the 'mainland' now feel about Northern Ireland being at the heart of British political decision making?

Are they happy to continue to bankroll a province that has challenging levels of self-reliance?

Are NI citizens more or less of a burden that those from the rest of the EU?

If, given the choice, would you want the six counties to remain part of the UK?

Haven't a clue - but lovely murals on Terrist houses - on both sides - rangers and Celtic - So quaint.

Because they are our countymen.
An intrinsic part of who we all are.

I have no objection to the dup or any payments to promote this deal.
They are British and that will do for me.
Northern ireland is British and a pleasure to do business.

I'm not sure we're going to solve this on here but in my opinion we should let the Republic swallow their pride and rejoin the UK.

Because they are our countymen.
An intrinsic part of who we all are.

I have no objection to the dup or any payments to promote this deal.
They are British and that will do for me.
Northern ireland is British and a pleasure to do business.
Bang on the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.