Northern Rail fine.......

Not surprised people fair dodge, National Rail are putting the tickets up again.... From Gatley to Manchester return will now be £5, I get the train from Heald Green so no doubt will end up being about £5.20..... 3 times in 9 months they've put the fair up, then kick off when no one pays.
I live in heald green,had to get a bus to get my carfrom the garage in Cheadle Hulme,£2.20 one way,so £5 return sounds alright compared to the bus

What an incredibly bizarre attitude and point of view.No one enjoys fair increases but that is the literally the price you have to pay to use their service.If that's not for you,get a bike.

The services aren't improving though, they're getting worse, and I agree people shouldn't fare dodge but you get the feeling that National Rail is blatantly taking the piss out of the people who choose to or have no other choice but to use their services.

Last edited:
I live in heald green,had to get a bus to get my carfrom the garage in Cheadle Hulme,£2.20 one way,so £5 return sounds alright compared to the bus

Bus fares are inconsistent, they're the worse going, I once had to get the bus from near the griffin pub to my house (about 3 stops) as I had a shit load of shopping with me, and it cost about £1.20 for a 1 minute bus journey..... Absolutely mental

Last edited:
Bus fairs are inconsistent, they're the worse going, I once had to get the bus from near the griffin pub to my house (about 3 stops) as I had a shit load of shopping with me, and it cost about £1.20 for a 1 minute bus journey..... Absolutely mental
give me a bell next time ill give you a lift :)

The services aren't improving though, they're getting worse, and I agree people shouldn't fair dodge but you get the feeling that National Rail is blatantly taking the piss out of the people who choose to or have no other choice but to use their services.

I truly despise that Godawful company , clapped out trains whose punctuality leaves so much to be desired, Jobsworth guards, Revenue protection Guerilla's who make Showsec look personable and constant fare increases, much as I hate to agree with 'Steptoe' Nationalising the railways might be the answer.

Not surprised people fare dodge, National Rail are putting the tickets up again.... From Gatley to Manchester return will now be £5, I get the train from Heald Green so no doubt will end up being about £5.20..... 3 times in 9 months they've put the fair up, then kick off when no one pays.

What an incredibly bizarre attitude and point of view.No one enjoys fair increases but that is the literally the price you have to pay to use their service.If that's not for you,get a bike.
But dont get in the way of BM motorists who get pathologically angry and unreasonable when faced with a fellow human being riding a bike

My lad who was 15 when it happened has just had a note from the above about fare dodging that I have to respond to.He told them he had travelled from a station he hadnt when he was at Piccadilly where the guys sell tickets as you come off the platform.

He made a mistake and has had a good bollocking about it but wonder if anyone has any advice on a response they have asked for?

I dont want him getting any kind of record(hes 16 now)and accept he was wrong but dont want to compromise my position if they decide to put something on his record as I intend to fight it if they do.Can they prosecute as he was 15 at the time?

Cheers for any advice.
Not intending to be a **** here like, but does anyone else not understand this or is just me?
The lad was in the wrong and was caught. He feels bad about it and has apologised to his dad who also accepts he is in the wrong. Yet if they proceed with it there is an intention to fight it. What am I missing?

Not intending to be a **** here like, but does anyone else not understand this or is just me?
The lad was in the wrong and was caught. He feels bad about it and has apologised to his dad who also accepts he is in the wrong. Yet if they proceed with it there is an intention to fight it. What am I missing?
He wants to know if it will go on his record considering he was below the age of 16 at the time of the offence, or if it will go on record now that he's 16 and the incident is still being dealt with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.