Northern Rail - Strike action

Don't be having a go at guards imagine being a hotel doorman but instead of pulling a handle you have to press a button. Plus hotels don't move. They don't go on training courses for fun.
Hold on. They have training courses?

A member of the public asks a question, what is your response?

1. Answer it politely, accurately and with a smile.

2. Shrug your shoulders and walk off mumbling about being kept in the dark.

The strike is about safety critical duties of a second member of train crew and the responsibility for the welfare of passengers that accompanies such.For the benefit of anyone that uses the railway,it should be fully supported,as the govt obviously couldnt give a shit,being only interested in profit.

So no job losses either way?

Hold on. They have training courses?

A member of the public asks a question, what is your response?

1. Answer it politely, accurately and with a smile.

2. Shrug your shoulders and walk off mumbling about being kept in the dark.

Someone told me they have a key for the door and if they turn it anti clockwise the light doesn't come on. Imagine the delay if they had to get an engineer out. Better to have training to show them what direction clockwise is.

The strike is about safety critical duties of a second member of train crew and the responsibility for the welfare of passengers that accompanies such.For the benefit of anyone that uses the railway,it should be fully supported,as the govt obviously couldnt give a shit,being only interested in profit.
Really?
So packing said passengers in like cattle is looking after their welfare?
Cancelling trains to meet targets essentially meaning the following train is above capacity is for safety?
Sorry, dont buy it

Really?
Cancelling trains to meet targets essentially meaning the following train is above capacity is for safety?
Sorry, dont buy it

If you follow the principle that no ones job is as easy as the public think or as hard as they claim it is and that strikes whatever nonsense is spouted by employers and employees is either down to workload or money then you won't go far wrong.

Why anyone bleats about it on a Internet forum is beyond me they probably couldn't give two fucks about anyone else's job security. I hope they all keep their jobs though as I don't think I've met a bad guard apart from the fuckers who don't wake me up when I'm pissed.

You can use anything that's contactless. Your bank card for instance. Just hold near the machine and go. Far easier than queuing for a ticket.

I've got an Oyster card that gets topped up automatically, but what amuses me is that there are still people buying tickets at ticket machines. Why? Are they topping up their Oyster cards or just buying a single ticket? I understand that yer can't use cash on London buses now. But yer can use yer GMR bus pass!

I wonder if any MP or councillor has ridden on one of the later evening Victoria to Leeds trains, where some passengers have had ample time to get a skinful. Would we have to pull that cord or handle thinggy to stop the train so that the driver could come down and turf off the drunk who's making people's away day experience just a little too unpleasant, if the guards were jettisoned.

Really?
Sorry, dont buy it
I'd say the traincrew are as frustrated and sometimes as stressed as the passengers in those circumstances.I'd imagine they frequently complain and report such unhealthy and unsafe periods,i'd also imagine it falls on deaf ears.

At least if something does go tits up,and it often does,having a guard on board(a highly trained member of staff) can ensure appropriate action is taken asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.