Northern Rail - Strike action

A wall at Liverpool Lime St collapsed last week, meaning no incoming or outgoing trains. As a result, I've been using Merseyrail to and from work. As have hundreds, possibly thousands more passengers until the wall is fixed (tomorrow, apparently!).

Anyway, MerseyRail have been spot on. Trains on times, orderly queues, extra carts, etc.

As an ex regular of the apparently infamous Leeds/Manchester Victoria via Todmorden and the other outback towns line, I've been trying to picture the outcome should I have been at the mercy of Northern Rail over the last week.

It's not worth thinking about. Fucking awful company.

I suppose we get used to this generalisation of what us traincrew allegedly do. Does my swede in.

Yep it's par for the course I'm afraid. Personally I wouldn't dream of belittling somebody else's profession unless I knew exactly what I was talking about.

The salary is so high, plus all the perks and benefits don't forget, because of historical union action and not because of how hard the job is. Holding passengers to ransom, like the tube drivers during the Olympics, seems to be the going rate these days for you lot. The general public is wise to your "We do it because we have your safety in mind" bollocks these days. You had it cushy, it's still cushy and you want to preserve the cushiness. End of.

I know of no other job, apart from a train guard maybe, where they have such an overinflated opinion of themselves. You sit in a seat looking out of a window whilst pressing a few buttons. Most of it is done by computers these days anyway.

Now, if you were a proper driver, like in the days of steam, then we would all support you. Hard bloody work. Sitting on your fat arses moaning? Piece of fucking piss.

You clearly know nothing about the job and what it entails so it's completely pointless trying to have a sensible discussion about it. Next time a suicidal member of the public jumps in front of my train I'll just think how lucky I've had it so far pushing a few buttons and sitting on my arse all this time. As for 'most of it is done by computers', the majority of the trains are donkeys years old, you're lucky to have decent windscreen wipers let alone proper technology.

You clearly know nothing about the job and what it entails so it's completely pointless trying to have a sensible discussion about it. Next time a suicidal member of the public jumps in front of my train I'll just think how lucky I've had it so far pushing a few buttons and sitting on my arse all this time. As for 'most of it is done by computers', the majority of the trains are donkeys years old, you're lucky to have decent windscreen wipers let alone proper technology.

You drive a train without decent windscreen wipers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.