Buying players that will never play

Why sign the two Australian lads, unal, zuccilini and roberts. I may be wrong on roberts but I doubt it. I get the feeling these players have been bought with the intention of up selling them in the future for a profit.
Chelsea do this constantly and it is like a sport version of human trafficking except the players involved get well paid and are not harmed. But it is trading people for profit and to me I just don't agree with it. I gues it feels slightly better when we sell an academy graduate who has come through the system but I'm of the belief that signing players of 18 plus years of age should be with the first team in mind.
Feels like we are following Chelsea's lead and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Hope we cease with this policy. I will stand corrected if any of those guys make 20first team appearances. Do you think they will?
Not only will you (in all probability) be wrong about Roberts, every other point you raise is wrong too (and amazingly misinformed). So well done on the consistency at least.

Well I guess I'm right on a few things! Roberts at celtic for 18 months, zuccilini loaned to yet another club, Unal loaned to another club and will you ever hear the Australian lads and the words manchester city mentioned in the same sentence again until they leave? I doubt it. To me signing these players is a waste of time.

Well I guess I'm right on a few things! Roberts at celtic for 18 months, zuccilini loaned to yet another club, Unal loaned to another club and will you ever hear the Australian lads and the words manchester city mentioned in the same sentence again until they leave? I doubt it. To me signing these players is a waste of time.

Nope you are still completely and utterly wrong. The fact we've sent some 18 year olds too good for youth football on loan doesn't change anything.

Roberts 18months he was the closest after a couple of sub appearances but after Celtic loan that's him done just like Lopes

It was always the intention to loan Roberts out, think it's a good move for him, first team and European football, no doubt we will see him in a city shirt again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.