Not Paying Lasts Month Rent To Landlord?

Out of interest if i said to you 'Hey Barcon, i want a house nearish you and would you build it for me, can you give me an estimate please?' besides telling me i am a pretty ugly **** in the flesh what numbers would be involved do you reckon?

Oh fuck, I have brain damage right now. Just off the top of my head you could buy a bungalow across the road from me for $800,000.00 and knock it down then build a new one for about $250.00 per sq/ft.
P.s, thanks for your pm mate. I appreciate it. Let me reply when I don't have brain rot.

God save landlords from cuntish tenants who don't even know how the deposit protection scheme works.

What can they legally do? they can evict me, but it'll take them a month anyway and taking me to court they'll get a £1 a week back.

I can't afford to pay two rents for two properties and afford a van.. I'm not that minted ! these greedy landlords need to be stopped.

Your deposit is not to be used to pay the last months rent. It is held in a deposit scheme to cover any damage/cleaning needed when you leave. If the landlord inspects the property and everything is fine then you get your deposit back.

Okay so you refuse to pay your last months rent assuming the landlord will just take it out of your deposit. But what if there is damage/cleaning needed as well? The deposit has been used up to pay the rent and now the landlord is out of pocket having to sort out the mess you left. This is why the deposit is not used to cover the last months rent.

What can the landlord do? They will deduct damages/cleaning from the deposit and any remaining monies will be used to clear some of the rent you owe them. You will then owe any balance left. You've gone and are refusing to pay the balance - expect the landlord to submit a claim at the small claims court.

What does this achieve on the landlords part? It costs about £60ish to submit a claim and you may end up paying it back at £1 a week, but what will happen you will get a CCJ against your name. This will stop you obtaining credit in the future and the next time you go to rent a property this will show up on the credit check. Landlord wins

If you have photos of what it was before and after, make sure it's clean as when you moved in,then I'd do that, that way you're sure to get your money back, there's been many an instance where landlords have tried to scam us out of extra money, even though we cleaned the house top to bottom so it was actually better than when we moved in! If they do, just threaten them back with a solicitors letter, and reporting them to the appropriate authorities etc

This is why agents charge more than a months rent as the deposit. Where I am we charge a month and a half to ensure if there is ever a scruff who doesn't pay their last months rent then there is money to cover any damages.

Deposit is there for damages not rent. Pay up.

New laws coming in stopping stupid fees I heard.

In answer to your question I'm not sure what they can do to be honest.

My mates had a flat they left spotless and probably better than when they had it and only got 60% back.

Not stupid fees, justified fees. Some agents take the piss and have ruined it for everyone though. Again some shit agents don't handle deposit returns as they should, most do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.