Not Paying Lasts Month Rent To Landlord?

What does this achieve on the landlords part? It costs about £60ish to submit a claim and you may end up paying it back at £1 a week, but what will happen you will get a CCJ against your name. This will stop you obtaining credit in the future and the next time you go to rent a property this will show up on the credit check. Landlord wins
Landlord doesn't win due to being out of pocket, time wasted, stress etc. There are 2 losers but the real loser is the tenant with the CCJ against their name and difficulty of obtaining credit, tenancy, anything where you have to give a financial commitment. Plus the associated stress and time wasted trying to get your life back on track.
Agreed, there are also knobend landlords who need shooting (and I bet they don't pay tax on the income).

Smash the place up to fuck so they have to spend your deposit on what they said it was for in the first place.

Sneaky cnuts.

Really needs clamping down on as people have been struggling for years to get on the housing ladder to buy, and now people are struggling to rent. We don't have enough social housing in this country for these people.. the bubble will burst eventually.
Sneaky cnuts for doing that in the face of having tenants who "see a deposit as the cost of moving" and ask advice about not paying the last month rent when they clearly have already decided not to despite signing tenancy agreements? Hypocrisy or irony?

whilst I am sure people have grievances against their landlords in this sort of instance it has to be said the tenant is contracted to pay the rent for the full term by the covenants in the Tenancy Agreement. Failure to do so does leave them open to a civil recovery for breech of contract.

On a wider note the reason rents are expensive and the reason some landlords are coonts is - if you bothered to ask them - tenants who don't pay the full rent - tenants who's actions drive them to have to take sometimes costly steps to try and recover what they are owed. Tenants who vacate and leave the place like a shit tip costing thousands to clear up and rectify.

I personally would never get involved in renting out properties - too many coonts on both sides of the equation - brings out the worst in people

My deposit is double my rent so even if you take the rent about away, they still have enough for any repairs/damages.

I've always paid my rent on time, I'm a good tenant. They refuse to do maintenance and things constantly.

If you was in my position.. and had the choice of paying last months rent and leaving yourself homeless, would you? most of you would do the same in my position, especially if you are not financially well off.

I'm not a scruff, please don't judge.

Any judge will see that my deposit is more than enough to cover both costs.

Yes legally I've broken my contract, but there's more of a human aspect to it. I know tenants who are months in arrears yet come to an agreement with the Landlord and the Landlord hasn't kicked them out.

Simple really do what is right I take a deposit put it in a scheme pay tax
I have never withheld a deposit I do repairs and keep on top of my property and I am fair with my tenant
Who I expect will pay the rent and put right any minor damage that cause

We have a good relationship and it works well

Simple really do what is right I take a deposit put it in a scheme pay tax
I have never withheld a deposit I do repairs and keep on top of my property and I am fair with my tenant
Who I expect will pay the rent and put right any minor damage that cause

We have a good relationship and it works well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.