Not Paying Lasts Month Rent To Landlord?

Absolutely!! The last 3 tenants I have had have all given problems, I am currently in discussions with solicitors about the deposit. The house was left in a bad state and will cost in excess of 1,500 pounds to sort out, thankfully the insurance has covered the 2 major items that the last tenant wrecked.
I am renting to my son now, if he moves out or does not buy the house I am selling it. Tenants make your life hell if you are renting out :-(

My deposit is double my rent so even if you take the rent about away, they still have enough for any repairs/damages.

I've always paid my rent on time, I'm a good tenant. They refuse to do maintenance and things constantly.

If you was in my position.. and had the choice of paying last months rent and leaving yourself homeless, would you? most of you would do the same in my position, especially if you are not financially well off.

I'm not a scruff, please don't judge.

Any judge will see that my deposit is more than enough to cover both costs.

Yes legally I've broken my contract, but there's more of a human aspect to it. I know tenants who are months in arrears yet come to an agreement with the Landlord and the Landlord hasn't kicked them out.

I have been in a very similar position before and was strongly advised not to break the contract. I spoke to Shelter as they're really clued up on this kind of thing and they couldn't have been more helpful. Would strongly recommend giving them a call. You can actually check for yourself whether or not your deposit is in a protection scheme. Also worth noting that it has to be put in there within a month of you handing it over. If it isn't, they can still be ordered to pay you back up to triple the amount. I was also advised by Shelter that judges have very little room for discretion in those type of cases and over 90% of will result in you being awarded a minimum of double and maximum of triple your deposit by the courts.

If you phone the agent or landlord and ask which scheme it's protected in then they will either tell you (which will offer peace of mind) or they'll squirm (which will usually result in them being far less awkward about releasing it once they know you know your rights)

http://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...ts/check_if_your_tenancy_deposit_is_protected

Absolutely!! The last 3 tenants I have had have all given problems, I am currently in discussions with solicitors about the deposit. The house was left in a bad state and will cost in excess of 1,500 pounds to sort out, thankfully the insurance has covered the 2 major items that the last tenant wrecked.
I am renting to my son now, if he moves out or does not buy the house I am selling it. Tenants make your life hell if you are renting out :-(

It's also made many wealthy. My old student landlord is now a millionaire who lives in a castle. He started out buying houses cheap and renting them out on a room by room basis.

We have three buy to let places as a family and they're rented out through my sister's business. It's a slow and steady return.

It's also made many wealthy. My old student landlord is now a millionaire who lives in a castle. He started out buying houses cheap and renting them out on a room by room basis.

We have three buy to let places as a family and they're rented out through my sister's business. It's a slow and steady return.
Fully agree if you set your stall out and furnish the houses to an acceptable rental standard then there is money to be made, if, however, you rent out your own house that you have decorated and furnished to the best standard that you can afford then have to rent it out it is heartbreaking seeing what some tenants do to your life's savings :-(

I have been in a very similar position before and was strongly advised not to break the contract. I spoke to Shelter as they're really clued up on this kind of thing and they couldn't have been more helpful. Would strongly recommend giving them a call. You can actually check for yourself whether or not your deposit is in a protection scheme. Also worth noting that it has to be put in there within a month of you handing it over. If it isn't, they can still be ordered to pay you back up to triple the amount. I was also advised by Shelter that judges have very little room for discretion in those type of cases and over 90% of will result in you being awarded a minimum of double and maximum of triple your deposit by the courts.

If you phone the agent or landlord and ask which scheme it's protected in then they will either tell you (which will offer peace of mind) or they'll squirm (which will usually result in them being far less awkward about releasing it once they know you know your rights)

http://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...ts/check_if_your_tenancy_deposit_is_protected

How do I find it if it's in a bond scheme? I mentioned it in an e-mail once and they never responded..

How do I find it if it's in a bond scheme? I mentioned it in an e-mail once and they never responded..

If you look at those three links on the shelter page, it can it only be with one of those three companies. On each of their sites there will be a search facility where you can check.

"You'll have to supply your rental property postcode, tenancy start date, tenancy deposit amount and the tenant's name."

Fully agree if you set your stall out and furnish the houses to an acceptable rental standard then there is money to be made, if, however, you rent out your own house that you have decorated and furnished to the best standard that you can afford then have to rent it out it is heartbreaking seeing what some tenants do to your life's savings :-(

I'm unsure I'd rent out my own house. I've not even been to two of the places we bought. They were repossessed and up for auction. They have been refurbished and now rent for a reasonable sum. Long term thing.

I've stuck up for agents who I think on the whole get unfair flack. To even it out though there are many great tenants about too. Not everyone, some are wankers but a good chunk of them treat it with the respect it deserves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.