Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

I am a Forest fan and have been for about 50 years. City are the best team I have ever seen at the City Ground. I am so glad that it was an off day for the City strikers. You will definitely win the league.
Impressed with your fans tbf
Also enjoyed the Trent Navigation, a really great pre match pub of the likes we don’t really have around the stadium.

I am a Forest fan and have been for about 50 years. City are the best team I have ever seen at the City Ground. I am so glad that it was an off day for the City strikers. You will definitely win the league.
Must admit i was chuffed to bits when you got promoted as you'd been away for too long, Forest are one of great names in football.

Just a shame you play in red as i'd probably like yous even more :)

I am serious when I say that with respect I disagree with you. I can see why you might think this was another on the theme of becoming too predictable when we go one up and not finishing the opposition off but that's not how I see it. It's important to make the distinction between the result and the performance; the result was frustrating in the extreme but the performance was, in my opinion, very good. This was like the old days where City dominated possession and strangled the life out of the opposition. The chances kept coming, one after another but the ball simply would not go in: a bullet header from Laporte straight at the 'keeper, but the rebound evades Dias agonisingly; Haaland, first shot blocked by the 'keeper, follow up against the bar, third attempt over the bar - and he's usually not a bad finisher; then Haaland and Foden in a photocopy of the second goal at Leeds, but it ends up with Phil flat on his back with the ball rolling harmlessly away. And these were just the most glaring incidents in a match which saw us win several free headers at corners but put them narrowly off target. When I contrast this with other games we have not won after taking the lead I have to say that what hit me then was the slow build up play and the absence of chances created. We had to rely on Haaland to look like scoring, and when out possession we gave teams far too much space and allowed them to play without us putting any pressure on them or the ball. I will hazard the forecast that if we play like we did on Saturday we will win the title (and be in with a good shout of the two cups we're
Nice to see some objectivity from you and Tolm.

Let's try to keep the insults towards other posters out of this. They're petty and add nothing to the debate. If they continue, warnings and bans are a possibility.

I am serious when I say that with respect I disagree with you. I can see why you might think this was another on the theme of becoming too predictable when we go one up and not finishing the opposition off but that's not how I see it. It's important to make the distinction between the result and the performance; the result was frustrating in the extreme but the performance was, in my opinion, very good. This was like the old days where City dominated possession and strangled the life out of the opposition. The chances kept coming, one after another but the ball simply would not go in: a bullet header from Laporte straight at the 'keeper, but the rebound evades Dias agonisingly; Haaland, first shot blocked by the 'keeper, follow up against the bar, third attempt over the bar - and he's usually not a bad finisher; then Haaland and Foden in a photocopy of the second goal at Leeds, but it ends up with Phil flat on his back with the ball rolling harmlessly away. And these were just the most glaring incidents in a match which saw us win several free headers at corners but put them narrowly off target. When I contrast this with other games we have not won after taking the lead I have to say that what hit me then was the slow build up play and the absence of chances created. We had to rely on Haaland to look like scoring, and when out possession we gave teams far too much space and allowed them to play without us putting any pressure on them or the ball. I will hazard the forecast that if we play like we did on Saturday we will win the title (and be in with a good shout of the two cups we're in.
I’d agree that our general play was much better than I’ve seen all season. Much faster and more purposeful and direct at times. We created enough odds on goal scoring chances to put 4 or 5 past them.
But there was just that nagging doubt the longer the game went on, because a number of players could not find a City shirt at critical times.
A bad comparison maybe, but look at the passing and speed of Madrid last night in the tightest of spots to turn defence into attack. It was jaw dropping at times.
This used to be us. But several players just are not at that level yet this season. At least not consistently. I don’t know about the certainty of winning the league but do agree with you that if we play like we did against Forest we most certainly will be in the mix. It was a big increase in tempo and purpose. We just need to be clinical. And sharper of mind.

I blame it on that manky rotten hi-vis third kit ; it looks sickly , NEVER liked it and we never win in it.
Forest play in Red , we play in Blue , so why , just wHY ?
That fucking Dortmund kit.

Must be contractually obliged to wear it as many times as possible. I bet we wear the black and red tonight for same reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.