Now all the kids have gone to bed...

lionheart said:
An interested post Bizzbo but you seem to be under the illusion that Hughes is capable of handling the pressure in addition to suddenly developing the man management skills needed to motivate the prima donnas that a rich club like ours will undoubtedly generate. Hughes may possibly learn these traits over a period of 12-18 months but should MCFC be the place for his education? It's frankly too risky. Better to have an older manager who has been through all this before, possibly keeping Hughes as his assistant if he has the ego to endure such a role. After all, we can now afford the best so why stick with a guy who is still learning his trade?

why is it an illusion? he's not cracked under the pressure yet, unlike some of the fans ;)

my point is that any new appointment, unless it's mourinho, wegner, or benitez, will be a shot in the dark as they will face the same problems as MH (except those that may be of his own making) and have to learn the ins and outs of premiership football. if we are in trouble in february, then the risk may be worthwhile, but, not yet, especially when MH has the opportunity to sort out several issues in January. for god's sake can you see us getting worse next year, even if we only sign RSC and a few other middling players? This club has needed a good striker for 18 months, it's quite ridiculous that the misfiring benjani is STILL our best option at centre forward, much as i like the guy. and how could we possibly be worse if we actually had a third midfielder to play with kompany and ireland, and didn't have to play SWP out of position and include the much maligned Vassell?

Excellent post Bizzbo.

If Hughes cannot manage the situation in the short term then I am unsure as to the logic that states he is a good medium term bet in terms of where ADUG want to take the club.. Bringing in his own players is all well and good, however the profile of the players that we need to break into the top 4 and ultimately to win the PL would appear to be the ones Hughes has a problem managing. The words of Cook when talking about Hughes and his 'comfort zone' still strike a chord. I am fairly sure that if given time and with the players of his choosing Hughes could replicate his success at Blackburn with cup success thrown in for good measure. Its possible that many on here would settle for securing a UEFA cup place with cup success as a welcome bonus however I don't think ADUG bought City with modest ambition and modest success in mind.

Irrespective of who the manager is the owners will be keen to secure more superstar talent in addition to players the manager wants and the manager has to not only accept that (which I think Hughes does) but more importantly make it work which is where possibly the problem lies. Mourinho may or may not be comfortable with the perceived set up at City I don't know but in any event time and results will dicate what path we take. One thing I think we can all agree on is that changing managers mid season is not a desirable option so lets hope and pray that results do improve and any immediate pressure is lifted from the managers position so the situation can be assessed properly in the summer

de niro said:
ramsdale4 said:
whats your real opinion on Hughes?

On here I post like im 100% behind the guy. It just annoys me when you get these hysterical posts calling for the heads of Hughes, Cook ,Dunnie etc. So i react as an ardent supporter and try and put across the positives about the game.

But to be honest, although i think we should give Hughes at least till next season, i wouldn't be to upset if i woke up tomorrow and he had been sacked.

However I like Hughes as a manager, and although many on here don't, i like his man management style. I cant be arsed with pre-madonna footballers who want to take the piss and if anyone can change that mentality then its Hughes. The trouble is, doing it this way means its going to get worse before it gets better (which is evident of our current displays) but given time and a few new faces brought in by Hughes then this type of man management could turn our club into a real force, like that tosser did at the swamp.

The trouble is most City fans want instant success, and with Hughes that isn't going to happen.
one of bluemoons best ever posts.
i feel exactly the same way, i dont want to be putting up with this any more than the next guy but we have to be patient.
very well said ramsdale.

Fully agree. Excellent post.

I agree. Sacking Hughes now would not guarantee success. A new man would have to srart again with his own ideas and players and I presume Hughes has already agreed with management who he wants to buy in January. Lets wait and see who comes in and if that changes the tactics he uses. I have a feeling it will. I'm prettty sure he'll go for two strikers up front as well as a more balanced midfield and bring in better central defenders.

Excellent post from Bizzbo, well thought out and makes some very good points. What a refreshing topic this is, sensible conversation. Though I notice the non appearance of a lot of the more vocal Hughes out posters, probably due to the fact the thread contains a few longish posts and not one lines like 'He's a rag', 'He's thick' etc ...

Great post....bearing in mind the recent changes on here, we need another forum for all these friggin MH threads!! Takes me 15 minutes after logging on to get through it all and most of it is nonsense.

That was said tongue in cheek but thinkin about it, it should all belong in the Transfer Forum -it's all either speculation, gossip or rumour!!

citymad said:
I'm in the undecided camp aswell but to his credit he's made some useful signings since he's been here namely; Zab, SWP,Kompany and talked Hart into signing long term. Also, Ireland has been a revelation under Hughes. These players have been some of our most consistent performers. Its not all his fault that some players are performing crap lately .These prima donnas have to take some of the blame. We all slagged (me included) Hughes for not playing Elano and Jo but when they get their chance they blow it. Even Rob's form has been poor. How can you blame Hughes for that ?
er because he manages the players! You play too much FM :)

Ric said:
ramsdale4 said:
whats your real opinion on Hughes?

On here I post like im 100% behind the guy. It just annoys me when you get these hysterical posts calling for the heads of Hughes, Cook ,Dunnie etc. So i react as an ardent supporter and try and put across the positives about the game.

But to be honest, although i think we should give Hughes at least till next season, i wouldn't be to upset if i woke up tomorrow and he had been sacked.

However I like Hughes as a manager, and although many on here don't, i like his man management style. I cant be arsed with pre-madonna footballers who want to take the piss and if anyone can change that mentality then its Hughes. The trouble is, doing it this way means its going to get worse before it gets better (which is evident of our current displays) but given time and a few new faces brought in by Hughes then this type of man management could turn our club into a real force, like that tosser did at the swamp.

The trouble is most City fans want instant success, and with Hughes that isn't going to happen.

Good post mate. I'm undecided on Hughes, but the way some of the anti-Hughes brigade behave on here makes me want to fight his corner, even though he's been pretty shit. It's esay to call for a manager's head, but I've not seen too many realistic replacements. There's no point in sacking him for the sake of it if we haven't got someone appropriate lined up, which I don't think we have. At least give him this year and then evaluate; sacking him now would be folly.
Wow at last the voices of reason,was begining to question where had the loyalty gone.I only joined here last night and was really saddened the way most people where slaughtering hughes,he is our commander and chief at the moment and we should give the man a chance,the modern footballer must be murder to deal with and perhaps Hughes might have to bang a few heads before they'll listen.He knows what he has to deliever to stay in a job,and up until then we should support him ! i'm begining to feel as though some actually want him to fail!!!!

Excellent thread. Some really good points made.

I wasn't overkeen on his appointment, but was prepared to give him an opportunity to prove himself. However as its been pointed out the 'job' that he's now got isn't the same as the job in the summer. The bar has been raised considerably and you have to wonder whether he can raise his game, given the evidence so far its not looking to clever.

Its debatable about who and who he hasn't signed so far, but to me that puts him in the same position as most continental managers. The board or sporting director buys the players and the manager 'manages' and coaches them. Obviously they have some input into the players that are signed, but in essence its 'there's the squad, do your job'. This might not sit comfortably with Hughes, in which case you wonder whether he is the man for the job.

The most alarming aspect for me is his inability to change things, last night was our 28th competitive game this season and we look worse as a team than we did after 8 games. He persists with a lone striker when having tried all the available options we clearly haven't got someone to fulfill that role. In the current circumstances you have to be able to mould what you've got into something that works and then when you've got an opportunity to change it (January) do it.

He's got a very big Christmas ahead of him, lets hope he gets it right or we're are in it deep.

simon23 said:
RobbieBrewer said:
I partly agree with you but ask yourself how many players at Hull are any better than the ones you list?Any manager can blame the players he inherits for his problems-but he just has to get on with it.Rednapp has transformed Spuds since he took over...why?He's working with the same players Ramos was!!
And I'm pretty sure that fat sam will get better results than Ince at Blackburn!

I'm just not convinced by Hughes,his man-management or his tactics but I'd love to be totally wrong...

i think that some on here believe that some of our players are better than they are.....the likes of the ones ive mentioned are nto as good as some of those teams like Hull have......infact the only players whow we have who id descirbe as top draw or certain prem quality are , Hart (even he has a lot to learn), Richards (though not at the moment), ireland, swp, robinho, elano and kompany (Not including the likes of Jonno petrov and maybe boj as they have not featured......the rest are average middle of the table players at best.

i think some people on here seriously over estimate the current squad of players and their ability. We are seriously lacking any goal threat from any striker option we have at present......our play is reasonable good up until the last third when the midfield have it but NO options ahead of them so the move breaks down.....

add a quality centre forward or two plus the addition of Boj petrov and jonno and we will be a lot better for it.
lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.